X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

Slow learner? My half Border Collie/half Australian Shepherd did that at my best friends acreage while I was on my second middle east deployment in 2004. They dog-sat for me (before I was remarried) whenever I was deployed. She had let her out of the front door with their dogs & when she called, theirs came & she did not. When she called again, Daisy came running in through the front door that she was holding open for her. She said she got a full force shot of it as she went by & screamed for Nick to run her right on out the back door. Fortunately he was close & ran her right back out of what is a very nice (and expensive) split-level house that she maintains immaculately. When I got home, they regaled me with the story & I had one-helluva time trying to keep a straight face imagining that scene & knowing how picky that she is with the house. It's a long way from the front door to the back door over some very, very nice hardwood & carpet in that house. He had to drive 25 miles into town to get to a dog groomer to bathe her. They would not let me pay for the gas, the grooming, or anything else.
    Luckily, as soon as I got to the back door, I could smell him, so he never got in the house. These days we always have hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and Dawn dish washing liquid to clean him up.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dino1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	566.4 KB
ID:	1268875 I'm pondering why our dog feels the need to try and eradicate any skunk that comes into our yard. This is the fourth time, I think.
    Slow learner? My half Border Collie/half Australian Shepherd did that at my best friends acreage while I was on my second middle east deployment in 2004. They dog-sat for me (before I was remarried) whenever I was deployed. She had let her out of the front door with their dogs & when she called, theirs came & she did not. When she called again, Daisy came running in through the front door that she was holding open for her. She said she got a full force shot of it as she went by & screamed for Nick to run her right on out the back door. Fortunately he was close & ran her right back out of what is a very nice (and expensive) split-level house that she maintains immaculately. When I got home, they regaled me with the story & I had one-helluva time trying to keep a straight face imagining that scene & knowing how picky that she is with the house. It's a long way from the front door to the back door over some very, very nice hardwood & carpet in that house. He had to drive 25 miles into town to get to a dog groomer to bathe her. They would not let me pay for the gas, the grooming, or anything else.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    cool looking pooch
    Thanks Phil. He's a fawn Dobie. He guards the yard from anything big or small.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    cool looking pooch

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Maybe he likes tomato juice
    He is a fan of Bloody Marys.

Leave a comment:

Working...