Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do after Power Tour, Florida or Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to do after Power Tour, Florida or Texas?

Originally posted by 200WINS
    Originally posted by 1956NY150
    Originally posted by BluLightning
    I think we might head to New Orleans for a couple days and maybe our Cajun friends can show us around.
    I also are in for this,
    Never been here and I would like to see New Orleans.........Sat,Sunday,leave Monday?

Bob
    New Orleans would be incredible, I would like to see it also. Who is the tour guide??
    We'll see if we can get Blake and Ray to show us around a little. They are the locals anyway.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
      I think we might head to New Orleans for a couple days and maybe our Cajun friends can show us around.
      I also are in for this,
      Never been here and I would like to see New Orleans.........Sat,Sunday,leave Monday?

Bob
      New Orleans would be incredible, I would like to see it also. Who is the tour guide??
      We'll see if we can get Blake and Ray to show us around a little. They are the locals anyway.
      We've spent alot of time in New Orleans, and you'll need 2 days to experience it, or more, depending on how much of the French Quarter you enjoy.......the ladies will love the Garden District.....ride the trolley down there. We aren't planning on time there, and that may change, but hopefully Ray and Blake will have a small shindig, then help out with a tour. You can see quite a bit of it by car, but the traffic is horrendous. One thing that struck me, as early as in the 80s was the number of people just standing around, doing nothing........probably still that way, we haven't been there in 5 or 6 years.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

One of our choices is to stay just east of Mobile on Saturday and hang out at Lu Lu's. From what I have heard Jimmy Buffet's sister has a pretty cool place with good entertainment all nite long. And, Jimmy has been known to show up there unannounced !

Going west, I really liked Ocean Springs MS better than Biloxi, a nice small town stop with lots of shops and restaurants, if you go in that direction.

You'll have fun in any direction along the "forgotten" coast.

The always fun DTB
        DTB - RETIRED

Comment

All those people standing around doing nothing are no longer there....they are in Houston sitting around doing nothing,and the Sovereign State of Texas taxpayers are still paying for it.

on another note,I will be skipping welfare city and hoping Ray and Blake are at home. ;D
          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I'll be heading East, along the Emerald Coast to Ft. Walton or Destin ...
            ;D

Comment

It's not an ocean, it's the gulf ;D
              Local folks are real nice, even to a Yankee :D
              I knew when I post this that I was running the risk of being caught on the correct naming of the large body of water between Texas and Florida. Is the Gulf salt water? :-[

[/quote]The Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic Ocean, just Cuba between Mexico & Florida. Yes, it's salt water. Great beaches here!
              LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861
                It's not an ocean, it's the gulf ;D
                Local folks are real nice, even to a Yankee :D
                I knew when I post this that I was running the risk of being caught on the correct naming of the large body of water between Texas and Florida. Is the Gulf salt water? :-[
                The Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic Ocean, just Cuba between Mexico & Florida. Yes, it's salt water. Great beaches here!
                [/quote]Yes it is salt water.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender
                  One of our choices is to stay just east of Mobile on Saturday and hang out at Lu Lu's. From what I have heard Jimmy Buffet's sister has a pretty cool place with good entertainment all nite long. And, Jimmy has been known to show up there unannounced !

Going west, I really liked Ocean Springs MS better than Biloxi, a nice small town stop with lots of shops and restaurants, if you go in that direction.

You'll have fun in any direction along the "forgotten" coast.

The always fun DTB
                  I think it would be cool to visit Lu Lu's. I found out about it AFTER I left the area. & I agree 100% with the statement "You'll have fun in any direction along the "forgotten" coast." After being in the crowded beaches from Virginia to Maine, it is a nice break down there. I use to go there on business a few times a year, I never had a bad time.
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

also people i've talked to that did Cruisin the Coast this year said that the area is coming back....albeit slowly.
                    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

after being away for a week and a half, i'll be heading home.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                        after being away for a week and a half, i'll be heading home.
                        So, your vote is for Florida Bruce? :P
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

We had a stop in New Orleans in '04 Id like to go again. In 06 the wife and I did a cruise on hwy 90 which is right along the beach, I think it wold be a 3-4 hr cruise to N/O get there by 4pm- spend the night and head home sunday? I first was thinking Bolt home to DFW on saturday and recoupe sunday but what the hell? Id like to see how the Katrina rebuilding is going on.
                          Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

I live outside Pensacola. I can give you a few pointers if you want. It just really depends on what you're after. The sediments from the Mississippi really affect the water quality the closer you get towards MS. If you want a nice quiet beach, without a bunch of people, beautiful sand, and pristine water then Perdido Key is for you. Pensacola has nice beaches too and it's a little more built up. The National Museum of Naval Avation is must see and if you get there at the right time you may even get to see the Blue Angels practice. Destin has nice sand and water too. It's a little too congested for me, but the wife may enjoy the shopping at Destin Commons and the outlet malls.
                            Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

As time gets closer I think we are looking at the Destin area. Would like a couple of days of relax. Hopefully good weather when we get there.
                              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Working...
                              X