Well, I'm backing out this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm backing out this year

yeah, I hate to say it but the pressures of planning a wedding, keeping up with my first house, and not currently having a car worthy of PT have come together to say this year instead of PT my best friend and I are going to spend the time working on the car at home for a week off rather than on the road. So No Long Haul 2008 for CTX-SLPR but I will be back in 2009 with the completed Buick 256cid Turbocharged, Intercooled, SEFI V6 with TH200-4R overdrive and lots lots more. Will miss ya'll and might come to the kick off just to say hi.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Well, I'm backing out this year

sorry to hear that; enjoyed reading all of your posts......why not at least hit LR for the kickoff weekend?...hang out a little bit, make a weekend of it?

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Will. Hope to see ya in LR for kick off anyway.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Hey Will can you make it to Topeka? That's where I'm trying to put together a gathering for the "freaks".

Cheaps 8)

Comment

I can't commit to that Cheaps. I'm thinking we will be working on the Riv in May and if its working I might be able to swing Topeka. I'll make LR since its only about 4.5hrs away from Nashville and I can make it a day trip but beyond will be at the mercy of my leave, car, and other things.

To be honest Powertour was both a major goal and a major cause of stress. My '64 Riviera has a sick cylinder and consumes oil at an ever increasing rate in addition to the cooling system being filled with the junk from last years waterpump explosion outside of Peoria. I was within writing a check and arranging shipping of an '82 Regal Estate Wagon but at $1400 of basically non recoverable core project (read Riviera with turbo6) money it really wouldn't make it and the fab work single handed to put the V6 into the Riviera was looking too daunting with every other weekend taken with wedding planning and visiting my fiance up in Dayton, OH. I was seriously stressing out over the details and you know.... last year I was assembling my Riviera till 0200 the morning before Cleveland and I had a good time on PT07 but not a great time... I'm not doing that again. I'm taking the chance to bow out now and be ready for PT09 or maybe CJTV Run if they have such a thing next year. I'll keep hanging around because, after all I am still a FF from last year.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

well at least try and make little rock if ya can.

Comment

Do what you can, there's always going to be a party wherever the freaks are! ;D

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Soory you can't make it. We need the Buicks!
                  Jim
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                  X