well i got the plug pulled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i got the plug pulled

the wind was let out of the sails for me i have been wanting to do power tour since the first one this was the year that me and my pops were going to go. it was supposed to be a retirement gift and time to spend with him well someone else up above is deciding that it is not going to happen my dad now has cancer in four different areas of his body he was diagonosed in november and i have been hoping for the best and wrenching away on my baja to get it done well he told me to not worry about it he is not getting any better. so i will not be going on the tour this year. it is upsetting and i am going in all different directions right now.

i will be a man of my word and i will send that case of tequllia to who can store it for the trip

Re: well i got the plug pulled

sorry to hear my thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family
    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
    2012 Northeast Rod Run
    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Prayers for your dad's health Dez, remain positive for him and all of us here will too.
      442co-pilot's dad is going thru chemo now and planning to go on tour again maybe you and your dad can join us too.
      Peace - Phil
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by dez_racer
        the wind was let out of the sails for me i have been wanting to do power tour since the first one this was the year that me and my pops were going to go. it was supposed to be a retirement gift and time to spend with him well someone else up above is deciding that it is not going to happen my dad now has cancer in four different areas of his body he was diagonosed in november and i have been hoping for the best and wrenching away on my baja to get it done well he told me to not worry about it he is not getting any better. so i will not be going on the tour this year. it is upsetting and i am going in all different directions right now.

i will be a man of my word and i will send that case of tequllia to who can store it for the trip
        Sorrty about your dad, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. now about the tequilla, we might be able to pick it up when we pass through
        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dez. Thoughts and prayers going out for your Dad. I had to cancel last year because my Dad had triple bipass. I missed the gang. But its nice to be able to stay in touch via internet. You wont find a better group of people.
          OH YEAH
          Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Sorry about your Dad.
            http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

That sucks man. Hopefully treatment will work and your Dad will be good to go.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

X2.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

My dad and I send our prayers.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad and his sickness! Stay strong and keep him thinking positive.

My dad is still thinking positive about making the trip in June, even though we have had a set back with the Chemo the past weeks. I will be praying for the best for your dad, hope that he will be able to make it in 2011 then. It is tough, but keep positive and good things can happen.
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Dez...Exactly what 442copilot said.He's seeing it live and is getting through it.It is very tough and as a cancer survivor,I can tell you that you need a very positive attitude and a great support group of family and friends and this can be conquered..Trust me, everyone here will be right behind you and your dad just like we are behind our other family members..We feel bad when friends are sick and when they lose the job they held for many years..But rest assured that we all care and you must be strong and know we are here for you all..Don't change any reservations just yet,good things come to good people and it's now your turn..So get the car ready and lets keep a strong heart..WE can do this..Just watch all the friends who wish you and your dad well......And I just wanted to taste the Tequila. ;D.
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Dez....will make sure to have your dad(name?) lifted up at wednesday nites small group meeting.There is power in prayer. Seek comfort and strenghth in Him who loves you.
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Dez, hope is something we all have, prayer is something we can all do. This group has shown me that there is sincere concern about people no matter how well they are known. Live in a positive attitude for the end result is Gods will that we don't always understand. Celebrate life at all times, proceed with your projects and plans. Live in the day and limit the worries. Treatment can work, my friend has been 5 years cancer free. He survived by putting up a great fight as well as having great support from family and friends. God bless you, your father and every person connected including these fine folks on this message board!!
                          This is the day that God has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Best wishes to your dad for recovery.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Dez, like Ret and 200winns says, you need a positive additude. My dad beat his illness for many more years than he was supposed to by having a additurde that it was not going to beat him. Tell you dad to keep the plans on making the tour, and good additude no matter how tough things get, and with the grace of God good things will happen. Dez, my prayers will be with your dad through out my day.
                              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
                              X