well i got the plug pulled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: well i got the plug pulled

well i know i have not been on here in a little while been super busy with race stuff and trying to get some of my dad's bucket list items done

but last week the test results were not so good the cancer has come back and he starts kemo this wensday so we are hoping for the best

hope all is well with everyone and get those cars ready for power tour

Lucas

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Dad again. Here's hoping for the best.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Lucas, we will send our prayers to your family especially your Dad. Please keep us posted.

Linda 8)

Comment

Lucas, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear that.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Lucas, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad again.. But he came a long way last time,now that he knows what he has to do,let's get it done one more time. Get strong and kick some butt. We are here for you and our prayers are going out to you both..
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Prayers sent for your Dad Lucas -
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

thank you all for the prayers and thoughts

now back in the shop for a little while i have to have 2 race cars completed in 59 days tubing got here today i better put christmas off lol

Comment

Lucas, I'm sorry to hear the news about your dad..... Tell him we are praying for him and hang in there fighting.... Ed

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Lucas May God Bless you and your family.
                    Danny/Zachary
                    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

I have been there and all i can tell you is to be strong and keep his and your spirits up....be with him as much as you can, if he can make tour this year he will never forget it My dad made it to Power Tour 2 weeks before he past and almost completed the whole thing and one of the last things he said to me in the hospital was "Thank you for making me go this year" ... He had thought about pulling out about a week before the tour, but he changed my plans and i flew to Denver to help him with more of the driving, and that was one of the main reason he continued to go.

Dad was depressed before power tour but the minute we started cruising down the highway he had a smile on his face, and when we got to Newton he was the happiest i had seen hi in a while. He was scared of the unknown and just kept pushing and doing everything he loved and being with everyone he loved as much as he could.

This just bring back memories of where i was last year at this same time. Dad started his chemo right after the new year.

You have my email and if you ever want to talk I can give you my number. Hope things get better for you and hope to see you on tour.

Tell your dad he can beat this and if he really wants to go on tour tape this quote where he can see it.
                      "AIN'T NO CANCER GOING TO STOP THIS POWER TOUR." as motivation. We had that taped to window at ever stop this year.

I am praying for you man and hope things turn out for the best

Let me know if there is anything I can do

THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE QUILT THIS YEAR!!! WE DON"T WANT TO LOSE ANY MORE TOURERS

"CANCER SUCKS!!!!"
                      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Lucas!
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by GTpilot88
                          I have been there and all i can tell you is to be strong and keep his and your spirits up....be with him as much as you can, if he can make tour this year he will never forget it My dad made it to Power Tour 2 weeks before he past and almost completed the whole thing and one of the last things he said to me in the hospital was "Thank you for making me go this year" ... He had thought about pulling out about a week before the tour, but he changed my plans and i flew to Denver to help him with more of the driving, and that was one of the main reason he continued to go.

Dad was depressed before power tour but the minute we started cruising down the highway he had a smile on his face, and when we got to Newton he was the happiest i had seen hi in a while. He was scared of the unknown and just kept pushing and doing everything he loved and being with everyone he loved as much as he could.

This just bring back memories of where i was last year at this same time. Dad started his chemo right after the new year.

You have my email and if you ever want to talk I can give you my number. Hope things get better for you and hope to see you on tour.

Tell your dad he can beat this and if he really wants to go on tour tape this quote where he can see it.
                          "AIN'T NO CANCER GOING TO STOP THIS POWER TOUR." as motivation. We had that taped to window at ever stop this year.

I am praying for you man and hope things turn out for the best

Let me know if there is anything I can do

THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE QUILT THIS YEAR!!! WE DON"T WANT TO LOSE ANY MORE TOURERS

"CANCER SUCKS!!!!"
                          Springfield 2010 - that red truck on your left Scott was in Hot Rod mag a couple months ago -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Lucas, make this Christmas season very special, we hope all is well for your family. Scott, thanks for your words of inspiration, you have a great story.
                            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Scott, Very well put!!!! Words to believe in..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Lucas...our thoughts are with you man.
                                Andrew
                                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                                X