Noob here-first half-a** attempt at the PT, with my GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob here-first half-a** attempt at the PT, with my GTS

Man, it sucks when work bans all non-work related PC use and then I lose track of the stuff with the Hot Rod forums.
    Thanks to whom ever pointed me in to the CJ site!

Anyways, I am bringing my 1972 GTS on the tour, should have a group of fellow Torino owners, I am planning to do the entire week, even if I end up living out of my Torino and bathe at car washes along the way.

Right now, my Gran Torino Sport is at a buddy's shop being prepped for Primer, still have some body work to go yet...after 7+ years of having her apart, figured best to get my rear in gear.

From this:

To right now:

{shot from last April}

I need to really get up to date on the stuff at the events, as I honestly don't know what the heck to expect.
    I was also hoping to have my Cobra Jet Cleveland pieced back together, but this year it's the 2 barrel headed setup for now.

Have a good one.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Noob here-first half-a** attempt at the PT, with my GTS

You'll have fun for sure.

There are plenty of veterans to the tour so if you have any questions there is plenty of help here for you.
    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Looks like a lot of work, but PT will give you a goal to hep you get it done.

Comment

Lovin the 72 GTS Torinos ... git 'er done !! ;D

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Did only part of the tour last year, and had a blast. Had so much fun that this year it is the long haul. Promise you will have a blast.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Hey guys-thanks for the feedback.
            Being I don't know what to expect on the trip, what all goes on?
            For lack of a more stupid question, just curious what sort of fun/mischief sort of happenings usually occour at the events?

My only thoughts, being I am in Omaha, NE...too bad the PT isn't going to be nearer Omaha rather than Lincoln, as there is a road coarse and 1/8th mile strip in one complex that could be a hell of a lot of fun for a stopping point right off I-29 in Iowa.

I am assuming there is going to be some auto cross and drag events? Not that the GTS is much of either, but I have been wondering.

Then again, part of the fun is just being on the road, listen to the old 351c humm right along.
            Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

It's all about the ride!The events are OK,but get "old" fast we found.Had more fun driving,seeing places along the way,most of all meeting all sorts of people with common obsession!Btw,car is going to look awesome! 8)

Comment

Thanks...I was asking, mainly because for me it's the unknown factor I am curious about.

I just got the right quarter done yesterday, and got a door gap I can live with:

I am freakin sick of hand block sanding my 20 acres of 1/4 panel, but it's the only way I can do it.

Have a good one.
                Andrew

Comment

Man I hear ya on the hand sanding, keep at it though, it'll all be worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                    Thanks...I was asking, mainly because for me it's the unknown factor I am curious about.

I just got the right quarter done yesterday, and got a door gap I can live with:

I am freakin sick of hand block sanding my 20 acres of 1/4 panel, but it's the only way I can do it.

Have a good one.
                    You think you got a lot of hand sanding? My body man is doing a 59 El Camino for himself & has to reconstruct BOTH quarters. With the huge wings on that thing he will be sanding until next summer to get ONE done. Sweet Torino. See ya on the road.
                    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by L98camino
                      Man I hear ya on the hand sanding, keep at it though, it'll all be worth it!
                      It's the only way there from here!! should build the guns though. 8)
                      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                      X