Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Freaks event in Rochester (MN) during HRPT - Would you attend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Freaks event in Rochester (MN) during HRPT - Would you attend?

I want to coordinate an event in Rochester (MN) during HRPT 08. I do all the work, all you do is show up. As of today, I have no sponsors and little help. That doesn't mean it won't be cool. If you have feedback on what to do or finding a sponsor, please speak up.

I've been promoting and holding small events in southern Minnesota for three years. Budget is minimal. We focus on driving our cars and keeping things simple. I think that is why we have such a great group. My time is limited this year so I thought I would focus my energy on a participant focused event so people remember their stop in Minnesota.

I've got some ideas in mind but would like to hear from those of you with more experience. What things made stops memorable for you in past years.

Steven Benson
    MnHotRods.COM

Re: Forum Freaks event in Rochester (MN) during HRPT - Would you attend?

MIKEE, with help from his family, friends and some 'Forum Freaks', held a bratfest at his house near Racine last year. It was great, even though the weather didn't cooperate. Thankfully, he has a pretty big shop and he had several open tents to serve as protection from the weather.

I'm not sure how many showed up, but there were a lot of cool cars and people at his place. I didn't even make it to the venue that day!

Comment

Originally posted by MnHotRods
      I want to coordinate an event in Rochester (MN) during HRPT 08. I do all the work, all you do is show up. As of today, I have no sponsors and little help. That doesn't mean it won't be cool. If you have feedback on what to do or finding a sponsor, please speak up.

I've been promoting and holding small events in southern Minnesota for three years. Budget is minimal. We focus on driving our cars and keeping things simple. I think that is why we have such a great group. My time is limited this year so I thought I would focus my energy on a participant focused event so people remember their stop in Minnesota.

I've got some ideas in mind but would like to hear from those of you with more experience. What things made stops memorable for you in past years.

Steven Benson
      MnHotRods.COM
      Hmmmm, beer, food, free gas,beer, dallas cowboy cheerleaders,food, beer, did i say food and beer? ;D
      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Steven,
        Great idea!
        I'd be interested in coming along.
        Thanks ...

Comment

Steven, Thanks for the offer! You will find some of the nicest people will be doing the Power Tour. You really don't need to do anything fancy, maybe just a BBQ in a local park or parking lot that's big enough. We had around 100 "freaks" show up to Mikee's Bratfest last year. Great showing of awesome HP! Ask questions here and you'll get lots of feedback! ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Count me in. ;D

Comment

count me in as well, plus my son-in-law and one of his buddies, who plan on joining the tour in Ames...and I can attest to the "bratfest" at MIKEE's place during the Racine, Wisconsin, 2007 Power Tour stop; a very gracious gesture on his part, great food and atmosphere, a very nice time I thought. Now, to your organizing efforts, perhaps simpler is better, I don't know (I'm no organizer); I guess it depends on what you wish to do: considerations: 1) number of folks attending, how well you'll "advertise it" (on the forum boards, local papers or car clubs, etc.); 2) events? (food, refreshments, music?); 3) location? (parking, ancillary stuff like bathrooms, etc.); 4) sponsors?.....local car shops, auto parts folks, drive-ins or auto-themed restaurants, any place interesting in hosting, and who will foot the bill, or at least chip in (I believe that at MIKEE'S folks contributed to the food and drink expenses); 5) the Rochester stop is on Thursday that week; does that affect folks being able to attend (instead of it being on a weekend night, like a Friday or Saturday?)....just some thoughts, but I think, whatever you plan, if you do plan something, many of us tour folks/freaks will be very looking forward in attending and having a good time....

Comment

I'm in - thanks for the generous offer
                a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Sounds good. Let us know what you have planned. I missed the bratfest last year. I was offline for some time and by the time I saw the thread it was already closed for reservations since so many people responded.

Whatever you plan, make sure you plan large enough.
                  1964 Chevelle
                  Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                  LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by dand38s
                    Sounds good. Let us know what you have planned. I missed the bratfest last year. I was offline for some time and by the time I saw the thread it was already closed for reservations since so many people responded.

should have pm me we were letting the regulars freaks in late... just too many new ones to handle. Anyway' If rumor holds true.... we may have a rerun of b-fest in 09 ( except for the rain). Time will tell!

Comment

I heard Bratfest was great! However with breakdowns and rain I missed out. Count me in if you get something together!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                        Originally posted by dand38s

should have pm me we were letting the regulars freaks in late... just too many new ones to handle. Anyway' If rumor holds true.... we may have a rerun of b-fest in 09 ( except for the rain). Time will tell!
                        If there is a return of bratfest, let me know & I will help as much as I can.
                        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Count me in for Minnesota

Comment

I'd be in.....

Tony
                            West Salem, WI

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw57
                              I'd be in.....

Tony
                              West Salem, WI
                              do they still have that little race track at the county fairgrounds in west salem? at least i think it was at the fairgrounds? spent 3 days or so up near sparta back in 1972 or 73? had freinds on 71 south of SPARTA wife and i went back to see the place 2 years ago and i still can't get over the changes. the old folks and their house are gone!

Comment

Working...
                              X