check in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check in?

What time are you allowed to enter the venue at each city and get your card stamped?

Re: check in?

What are we talking about , power tour, drag week ,or sum'en 'lse ?

Comment

Sorry i meant for the power tour.

Comment

This will be my 4th PT in a row, that has never been an issue. I think they open @12:00 for the locals to start letting in. Heck, if you go to the Drivers Meeting you might be leaving the parking lot 'bout then. lol
        Living the dream!

Comment

buddy is right about not being able to get to the venue before 12. remember it's not a race it's a tour. take in the sights along the way and do some fun stuff. just remember you have to check in before 6 p.m.(i think that's the cut off)

Comment

yeah we are going for the long haul but one day i needed to leave early so i was just curious. So do yall think ill be able to leave by about noon or one?

Comment

there should be a pretty good chance, but you never can tell what traffic will be like from one town to the next.

Comment

If all you are worried about is getting your credentials stamped at the event - then give them to one of your buddies and have them stamp it for you. No one (official) is watching so you won't get anyone in trouble for helping you out. If you are collecting MSD magnets or other stampable giveaways - then they can also circulate the vendor area getting your goodies. Of course you will owe them an adult beverage or two for their assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                  If all you are worried about is getting your credentials stamped at the event - then give them to one of your buddies and have them stamp it for you. No one (official) is watching so you won't get anyone in trouble for helping you out. If you are collecting MSD magnets or other stampable giveaways - then they can also circulate the vendor area getting your goodies. Of course you will owe them an adult beverage or two for their assistance.
                  This is good advise. I did this last year. Many thanks to Ken & Linda for taking care of this for me.
                  Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                    Last year on the way to Madison, Wi. Brents (tunaboat) water pump pulley gave up. I had 11 peoples credentials hanging around my neck as I blasted to make the venue. Talk about a pita getting them all stamped, magnets, goodies... No problems from any of the vendors. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Did i thank you for that Matt?, if not.....thanks ;D
                      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
                        Did i thank you for that Matt?, if not.....thanks ;D
                        I think you did, maybe you didn't, but after that day who knows. We all made it, and that's what matters.
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

It's about the tour, not the race to the next venue. Many will jump on the nearest four lane and race to the venue to get a parking spot and credentials stamped. Actually, the most fun I had was during the drive to the venues, not at the venues. The small towns, the stops we made, the towns people that line the roads to great you, the two lane back roads that you will never see from the interstates. There is a bunch to the saying "slow down and smell the roses". I have found that most interstates look the same, flat with a bunch of cement.
                          One of the best pictures I have from the 2004 long haul was in a little town in eastern Missouri where I found a small general store with one of those big old time front porches. I parked my 1st Gen Camaro out front and got a great picture. Never would have seen that frm the interstate.

Comment

My favorite part of 05 was helping out those that broke or were having troubles. And talking to the guy with the lamo kit car ,very nice engineering ! hey dude you out there!

Comment

Working...
                            X