BS and anything else about Power Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BS and anything else about Power Tour

We should get aleast 30 mpg in the Metro...Not quite as good as the original mpg of 50 but we will have lots more power and won't get blown off the road! :P
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

Economy Cars For Power/Mileage Tour

one gets good mileage the other two not so good

Comment

i'm wanting to bring my 47 ford but i think the flat head will get about half the gas mileage as the camaro with the 6 speed. with the prdicited $4.00 per gallon that could add up quick. the 47 will probably be a little more fun to take though.

Comment

Looks like the '47 will have more room too.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopZ28
            i'm wanting to bring my 47 ford but i think the flat head will get about half the gas mileage as the camaro with the 6 speed. with the prdicited $4.00 per gallon that could add up quick. the 47 will probably be a little more fun to take though.
            47 probably get 20 mpg...... the unleaded gas could be an issue over time..... love to see it and it's loads of fun to drive.

Comment

I understand economy, but if this is your annual vacation and the "holiday of the year", why not splurge a little and have maximum FUN !!

8)

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                Originally posted by DropTopZ28
                47 probably get 20 mpg...... the unleaded gas could be an issue over time..... love to see it and it's loads of fun to drive.
                do ya really think the flat head would get 20 mpg's. i was expecting about 12-13, but i've never owned a flat head or knew anyone with one.
                i'm considering taking the 47 if i can get it running time. we tried to start it the other day and one of the points wasn't getting any spark and my father-in-law said the the battery i bought was low on juice. he took it and is charging it for me. i finally found some points for it and now i need to find time to get my f-i-l to come back over with the battery and try again. once i get it started i have to get new tires(it has brand new tires on it but they are over 25 years old), get the gas tank resealed, get the brakes working and whatever else comes up from sitting so long. but it is going to be my first chioce for the power tour if i can get all of the bugs worked out. i guess i could just take it and let the tour help me find all of the bugs. ;D

Comment

Don't know if you nwill get 20 mpg at todays highway speeds.
                  if you're not too familiar w/ the flathead; it may be wise to drive it local for a year and plan on it for next tour.
                  we always got excellent gas mileage w/ flatties. they are not the supercar engines of today! do you know anyone who works on them... you know set the valves, rebuilds waterpumps..etc. may want to ask around..as they are notorious for waterpump failure...as it sounds like the 47 has been sitting for awhile. you may find out those issues after you get it running.

Comment

Mike,
                    That is alot of work to get done (in only 12 weekends), to get a reliable car that will dependably do 3,500+ miles.

Would be cool to take the '47 though ...

Comment

The more and more I see gas prices going up, I like the fact I only have the Solstice to take on the tour. I took it out last Sunday on the highway for a cruise, and it averaged 27 mpg. ;D
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                        ... it averaged 27 mpg. ;D
                        My wagon gets close to 27 mp3g :

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                          Originally posted by Solsticefun
                          ... it averaged 27 mpg. ;D
                          My wagon gets close to 27 mp3g :
                          Funny. ;D
                          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

new entry on the hot rod board re: cherry bomb, one of the PT sponsors, to the effect that they are planning some giveaways, a meal for the long haulers, and some "'70's music" at the finale at Madison (in honor of their 40th anniversary); no specifics on their website yet, though.....

Comment

$4 a gallon for gas. Egads, I feel so sorry for the cars that get 9-15 mpg.
                              2006 HRPT LH
                              2007 HRPT LH
                              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

gas station owner said gas going up 24cents/gal. tomorrow. ( friday) that would make it $3.32/gal. here.

Comment

Working...
                                X