Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS and anything else about Power Tour

I Finally Found the Power for my car in Florida

It has been recommemded from my Consultant "DON", that I install a Dodge 426 Hemi.

I really like the Idea, the cost may slow this project down, but I'm still working.

Just by luck I caught Don leaving the yard, he stopped we talked, I was at Indy in 1967, when he shaved his beard he was growing till he won top fuel! he liked that, He was really nice, not in a hurry. Not like 40 years ago.

A Dodge Hemi would be my Dream
    Bob

LIke my New Seat

Re: BS and anything else about Power Tour

met DON 40 years ago....... one of the nicest guys ever.... talked to us kids forever....back when fans were important.
    alot like ART ARFONS down to earth and willing to share his knowledge for the good of the sport.
    GRUMPY JENKINS was good to us also...even at the track...he stopped working on GRUMPY'S TOY and answered all the questions we had...although we did respect his situation and left him after a few minutes.

Comment

SU plays Notre Dame today at 2pm GO ORANGE

School break took me to Florida for a few days wife is Teacher,
      Still car is not home, hopefully tomarrow, received new pully system and I can play with that today, but I am going Nuts to get started on car,installing larger sway bars, vacuum tank, insulate interior, derust, new seats/harness (havent ordered), carpet, install new 360ci, headers, cut orginal mounts off frame,clean/paint engine bay, modify firewall, cleanup wiring, order helmet, align hood, do sommething with dash controls for air, replace weather striping on doors, beat on floor for more room on trans, replace tires and i have no idea which brand (245 60x15, 215 60x15) surgessions are welcomed (think Maxon Mile 130mph)

OH YES
      , cstmwgn, PAINT CAR with TWO TONE SCHEME (hint: mostly _____)
      Bob

have you ever seen a 56 with two tone white/camo?

Comment

1956NY150
        "have you ever seen a 56 with two tone white/camo?"

No, but do you know there are hunderds of types of camo?

Mossy Oak, breakdown, wetlands ...

.. pick a specific one yet ??

Comment

LIke my New Seat

[/quote]

Love the seat...custom one for sure!! 8)
          http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

Driver Steve said"why dont you get in car just in case something happens, it did, but shop didnt bleed brakes, but parking (emergency YES) brake did work with tow driver hanging onto bumper, to keep car from going though garage, over tool boxes and into kitchen,.

While at body shop I had car moved to upholstery shop for headliner, window tray and pads on roll cage, picked up rear seat today.

Upholstey is the only thing so far that came under budget, i am very happy with the workmenship on upholstey and roll cage

LR Soon
            bob

PS; car will go in for paint after I install engine & interior, etc.

Comment

good thing that emergency brake worked and that driver had the foresight to tell ya to get in the car "just in case".

Comment

I am Looking for a 1966 Dodge Dart 2Dr sedan for sale.
                Good Body that's all.
                Thanks
                Bob
                LR Soon

Comment

Yeah, me too !!

;)

Comment

off topic (again).....just watched a couple of cable tv news shows re: gas/oil prices; looks like gas might very well be 4.00/gal by this summer.....wow! At that price, should I just drink the gas and forget about the beer, or just park the car and buy the beer?

meet the new boss, same as the old boss.......

Comment

I Love Gas Mileage Discussions

4000 miles/10mpg=400gal
                      2008 gas will probaly cost additional $1.00 from 2007

On a 9+ day vacation, I hope $400 is not a Power Tour breaker.

Yup, I spent $3000+ for OD transmission, to get 8 mpg better, which saves +-150 gal x $4=$600, pay back in 5+ years. (yes driving much faster, 80mph compared to 62mph.)

At 63 years old I don't even buy Green Banana's

Its a Power Tour not Mileage Tour

Bob :D

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                        I Love Gas Mileage Discussions

4000 miles/10mpg=400gal
                        2008 gas will probaly cost additional $1.00 from 2007

On a 9+ day vacation, I hope $400 is not a Power Tour breaker.

Yup, I spent $3000+ for OD transmission, to get 8 mpg better, which saves +-150 gal x $4=$600, pay back in 5+ years. (yes driving much faster, 80mph compared to 62mph.)

At 63 years old I don't even buy Green Banana's

Its a Power Tour not Mileage Tour

Bob :D

at age 63, green bananas.....huh? As far as I'm concerned, 1) every day, when I look at the obits in the paper, if my name is not there, it's a GOOD day; 2) as a wise man once told me, every day you spend "above ground" is a great day......so....we'll pay for the gas, and complain (maybe), and then buy some beer, and tell stories, and laugh.......

Comment

I've never done the PT, but have had friends that did in 99. I'm looking forward to it, and the price of gas in June has absolutely no bearing on if I go or not. The way I look at it, if I can't afford to drive it, I might as well sell it, and that ain't happening.
                          Gary

Comment

I have been saving change since last tour, and have a couple of hundred saved so far for gas. The Solstice gets about 27mpg, so I should be okay for gas during the tour. It will be the other things I will need lots of money for. Like food,drinks, and other things I will need along the way.
                            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

BS way off subject

TWIN TURBINES 147MPH++++++ 44 SKATER
                              WAS THE FASTEST OPEN BOAT IN USA/CANADA FROM KINGSTON CANADA
                              WON HUDSON RIVER TIME TRIALS
                              HIS NEW FAST BOAT ARRIVED IN FALL 07
                              ITS A SICKNESS
                              pictures from St.Lawerance River Poker Run largest in US

A BAD DAY AT WORK

A GOOD DAY

Pictures for thought, it could happen somewhere else. Dont let your guard down.

Comment

Working...
                              X