Clear All

Re: BS and anything else about Power Tour

Originally posted by Freiburger
    Don't forget our motto..."there is no competition."
    Oh, sorry. I forgot !

Comment

A new wagon?

how much Jaguarnip we can carry in the wagon?

Altered wheelbase?

Comment

fwiw: Cherry Bomb has an announcement on their site re: their sponsorship of the '08 PT; news and events, www.cherrybomb.com no details yet, just an overview.....

Comment

I can't get those videos to play. Seems I may have a problem with Flash Player.
          On better news - I pulled the Fuel Injection and installed some FelPro gaskets to try to seal to the Vortec heads. It seemed to torque down much better so we'll see how that works. Also, while I had the valve covers off, I made a baffle to keep oil out of the PCV valve. I had trouble with a plug fouling on the tour last year because of it. I should be able to tune the FI computer as soon as I get back from Cabo ;D

Comment

Just got some good news on mileage. 23+ mpg after a 160 mile spin today. This was a pleasant surprise as I had no idea what the impact of last year's engine mods would be on fuel consumption. As a bonus the terrain mix was ~ 30% of 70 mph highway cruising, ~ 30% of stop and go traffic light plodding and the balance consisting of two land blacktops so it should be representative of the tour :

Just got to love the those mid 90's LT1 motors = torque and mpg :P
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Should we start a thread for each city??
              For things to do like last year?
              or are we just using the parking lots for the nite life again.
              Where are we going after LR?
              bob

Comment

we need some suggestions on night life at each stop. i plan on being out of the venues around 6-7pm each night. i think a lot of people will have the same plan so a list of some things to do would be great. i think a thread for each city would the least confusing.

Comment

Sounds good to me too but I don't know jack about any of those cities.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I think that the rep from the LR Convention bureau is looking into Saturday night, possible events or happenings; also, from Hot Rod, their PT sweepstakes, first prize is a 350 crate motor, grand prize is an HHR SS; sweepstakes runs from 6/7 to 6/13, entry online or at the main stage......

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                      Try being from up here-I haven't heard or know where half of them are!Relying on my good friends south of our border not to lead us astray!!??Oh well getting lost is have the adventure right!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggn
                        Originally posted by BluLightning
                        Try being from up here-I haven't heard or know where half of them are!Relying on my good friends south of our border not to lead us astray!!??Oh well getting lost is have the adventure right!
                        Yes sir it is. I'm cheating though, I just bought a GPS. :-[
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I know Bribery When I see it.

former Elected Official
                          Bob

I have seriously been switching back to Beer from Voka for the Tour,
                          Freaks are so into trading Beers in the Parking Lot Saloons and free Beer is much earier to find.
                          Yes I am leaving the funnel home.

Comment

We test drove a 2001 SS Camaro today. Auto w/t-tops, cloth seats and 96,000+ miles! Did these people ever shut it off?! :o Don't think we'll get it, but will keep our eyes open.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                              We test drove a 2001 SS Camaro today. Auto w/t-tops, cloth seats and 96,000+ miles! Did these people ever shut it off?! :o Don't think we'll get it, but will keep our eyes open.

Cheaps 8)
                              Some of my friends are looking for late model Camaros (they like the car; will value go up, or hold, when the new ones come out?)....anyway, I'm told that some of the '02 Camaros actually had the LS6 block installed (due to a parts shortage at the plant); not sure how many, etc., but good luck in your search....

Comment

linda, why are ya looking at auto cars? 6 speed is the only way to go. :o ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X