How many cars were on HPT in 2007/2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many cars were on HPT in 2007/2006

I can't seem to find stats anywhere (official or non) regarding how many registrants were on PT last year or the year before. Also curious to know how many made the full trip. This will be my first year and just wondering how zany it will be.

Robin

Re: How many cars were on HPT in 2007/2006

TOO MANY!

The total count was pretty high mostly due to the locals. I heard something like 1,300 - 1,500 long haulers both years. It will be a Zoo and I doubt you will see them all! They will be everywhere you look.

Comment

I heard somewhere that 70,000 to 100,000 came through all week, there is no way to really count 'em all.
      Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
        TOO MANY!

The total count was pretty high mostly due to the locals. I heard something like 1,300 - 1,500 long haulers both years. It will be a Zoo and I doubt you will see them all! They will be everywhere you look.
        The chance of seeing all of them is almost none. I have been on the Power Tour since 2004. Every year I have seen cars at the Long Hauler awards on Saturday that I have never seen all week, but they have the correct Long Hauler sticker for the tour meaning that they have been along all week. Get a big memory card for a digital camera and take as many pictures as you can so you can go back later and enjoy. I take a lap top and down load the pictures every day.
        1964 Chevelle
        Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
        LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

The variance between these first two answers seems to be the norm. Just trying to figure out how many pictures I am going to have to upload off my camera/laptop each nite from the hotel room. Maybe I better burn them to CDs instead...

Robin

Comment

we do the cd thing also. we and a lot of other people also down load them onto something like "photobucket". i am of the opion that there is no way to see all of the cars. people will post their pics and there is always cars that i didn't see.

Comment

You could call "Family Events" Traffic and Parking Dept. and I am Sure they have approximate numbers.

sorry
              bob

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                You could call "Family Events" Traffic and Parking Dept. and I am Sure they have approximate numbers.

sorry
                bob
                YOU MEAN " TRAFFIC JAM and LACK OF PARKING DEPT.?

Comment

if I recall correctly, cstmwgn's numbers (1300-1500) are correct; I seem to remember that HR mag does an article after the tour, where they publish the long hauler photo; in the story, they make reference to the number of long haulers (cars and people). At the local venues, though, the number of cars/trucks can double, depending on the number of local "carjunkies" (no pun intended) that attend....

Comment

1,300-1,500 Long Haulers is about right. As for registered cars, there are usually 4,000-6,000. Then you have to add in all the locals who join in or park at the side of the road, but never register. Those are impossible to count.

Comment

All I could say is there were more cars then I could see in one day, but it was fun trying. ;D
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

from HR website:.....in 2007, more than 2300 hot rodders in 1,323 cars (the long haul gang); over the week, 4,551 total registered vehicles and spectator attendance estimated at 68,000....

Comment

just alot
                          :D
                          HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

we'll walk the whole show two or three times and then go sit by the exit for awhile, and still see something totally new each stop. i take about 280 pictures a year and that's only of the cars i like. it's absolute car heaven, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!!!!!!!
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

In 2006 I made it to Perry, GA for the day the that night went Summit Racing for a cruise in. In 2007 I jumped in at Memphis & then drove to Little Rock, AK. Was gonna join up in Evanston but had mechanical issues.
                              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Working...
                              X