Late Afternoon/Evening Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Afternoon/Evening Schedule

Is there anywhere that discusses the nightlife events at HPT? Can some of the veterans talk about that and what a typical day breaks down like? (when do we drive, when do we park, when do we checkin to the hotel, when do we drink, etc...)

Robin

Re: Late Afternoon/Evening Schedule

Well - to quote DF - it's your vacation - you do what you want to do.

Now with that said

The driver's meeting is SUPPOSED to be over around 9:00am and you depart for the next city.
    Depending on how fast you drive, if you follow the posted route or take your own - you should arrive at the new event city somewhere between 3:00pm and 6:00pm.
    You can hang out at the event as long as you like.
    Most people go to their hotel as soon as they are done at the event to clean up and socialize. Last year we spent a great deal of our time in the hotel parking lot telling lies and consuming adult beverages.
    There could be some nightly activities arranged by HotRod (bowling, drive-in, ????) but we won't hear about that for a few more months.

After they post the route (mid May) then you can start looking for attractions of interest along the way to visit.

Comment

Are the driver meetings mandatory each day? We were acutally thinking that some people may drive in the evenings and then be out at the next venue early as everyone arrives throughout the next day... Just an idea. I am getting ready to lock in accomidations and am trying to figure some of this out...

Robin

Comment

Nothing is mandatory.

The down side to driving to the next venue too early is missing the locals. On the back roads going through the small towns is really a treat. The locals sit in their yards in lawn chairs and watch all the cars drive by. For me it is more about the drive then attending 7 car shows. Yes we missed a lot of the local's cars and most likely some really nice cars. But you have to choose what is most important to you on your vacation and then do what you can to maximize that experience.

Comment

So does HotRod or anyone actually publish any rules/regs regarding the tour, participation, etc...? I am kinda amazed at how little published info is available on the hotrod.com site. I guess that is a comment for another thread somewhere on this forum.

Robin

Comment

I am not good about following rules so I don't tend to go and look for them. There might be something written in your packet (after you sign up) but I can't remember. The general rules are that the car has to be insured (you will need proof of that), can't be a rental and you need to try and have fun driving your car. Beyond that - it is pretty much up to you if you want to follow the route or go your own way.

Comment

Rules ??
              We don't need no stinking rules !!

"It is much better to apologize, than ask permission !"
              ;D

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                Nothing is mandatory.

The down side to driving to the next venue too early is missing the locals. On the back roads going through the small towns is really a treat. The locals sit in their yards in lawn chairs and watch all the cars drive by. For me it is more about the drive then attending 7 car shows

yep going threw all the small towns was the best part

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                  Rules ??
                  We don't need no stinking rules !!

"It is much better to apologize, than ask permission !"
                  ;D
                  Rules are made to be broken. :
                  It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Breaking rules is for law-breakers.
                    I like to think of them as more like guidelines ...

;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      Breaking rules is for law-breakers.
                      I like to think of them as more like guidelines ...

;D
                      Suggestions even! ;D
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

i never saw any rules about not doing burnouts at the venues, but i remember a rowdy crowd in birmingham a few years ago, frying tires (as an officer of the law watched). david run over and took one guys credentials right out of his car. i think the rules are....use common sense.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

p.s. having said that....it was pretty cool. we have it on video.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                          X