Were to meet in Little Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were to meet in Little Rock

I know it is still some time befor we leave for LR, but has anybody decided were we all could meet, so we could all get to meet with the people we have been corresponding with on the forum. Maybe some of you that were at LR last year could fiqure out a good place for all of us to park.
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Re: Were to meet in Little Rock

.. someplace with mind numbing refreshments !!!

;)

Comment

Jim, I'm not sure when you will arrive in LR, but I'm planning a run to the local VA Hospital on Friday. All the details and time haven't been ironed out yet, but when they are, I'll post them here. Last year in Cleveland, some of us went back to the hotel before heading to the Quaker Steak and Lube.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Steve, why did I expect that response from you. ;D Cheaps, I will be arriving Sat. I wish I could make the VA visit, but trying to get everyone off would be difficult. I think it is a great thing you are doing, and as a vet I thank you!!!
        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          .. someplace with mind numbing refreshments !!!

;)
          That would be the parking lot of the Ramada on Shackleford Fri. & Sat night ;).
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Burns Park is a good Place to meet, and it is Right along HWY 40 going West from the Main Junction.

Comment

cheaps.....last year, I missed the VA run (birth of a grandson); this year, planning on getting into LR on Thursday pm, so as to have Friday to run around and hang out....are you going to LR (I thought you were only doing two stops, Topeka and Lincoln (?)....any plans to do a VA run (I guess there's two in the LR area), please keep us posted.....

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                cheaps.....last year, I missed the VA run (birth of a grandson); this year, planning on getting into LR on Thursday pm, so as to have Friday to run around and hang out....are you going to LR (I thought you were only doing two stops, Topeka and Lincoln (?)....any plans to do a VA run (I guess there's two in the LR area), please keep us posted.....
                Hey Dave!

Yes there will be a VA run even though we won't make it. Matt (orange95Z) and trucklvr (Jim) will be my eyes and ears once I have everything worked out. I will make sure you all go to the rehab hospital like we did in Cleveland last year. More details will follow after we get moved, etc... :D

Cheaps 8)

Comment

i know there are quiet a few people staying at the ramada on shackleford on friday and saturday and there is a resturant right behind the hotel(mexican i think). i think some of the others went to the resturant so maybe they could say if it was any good. there was a river district(i think this was in little rock) that had a few places down there. i think there was a big dock like area there, also a river boat with gambling. i personally like the hotel idea.

Comment

That restaurant was Cozy Mels (Cozumel) I believe.

The food was OK, actuall quite good after the second (or third) margarita.

Comment

When is the VA run on Friday. I am wondering if I can make it there in time to be part of the run. I missed the VA run last year because we got to Cleveland too late.
                      1964 Chevelle
                      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

i think they are wanting to have the VA run sometime friday morning. i was wanting go also but we'll be getting into little rock to late to make a morning show. from ft. worth it's about 5 hours up there.

Comment

Originally posted by dand38s
                          When is the VA run on Friday. I am wondering if I can make it there in time to be part of the run. I missed the VA run last year because we got to Cleveland too late.

Last year we were at the VA Hospital from 10:30-almost 1PM. It's better for the patients in the morning before it gets too hot. Most of those folks in LR last year stayed outside the whole time we were there! Awesome group of people with some great stories. It's something I will always rememeber.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopZ28
                            i know there are quiet a few people staying at the ramada on shackleford on friday and saturday and there is a resturant right behind the hotel(mexican i think). i think some of the others went to the resturant so maybe they could say if it was any good. there was a river district(i think this was in little rock) that had a few places down there. i think there was a big dock like area there, also a river boat with gambling. i personally like the hotel idea.
                            There isn't any gambling on that river boat... it is just for dinner cruises... the only gambling in AR is the the horse races in Hot Springs and the dog track in West Memphis...

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                              That restaurant was Cozy Mels (Cozumel) I believe.

The food was OK, actuall quite good after the second (or third) margarita.
                              I'm glad somebody remembered the name of that place. lol.

I love Mexican food so I was happy and what made it even better was the fact that it was walking distance to the hotel. It was right next door.
                              2006 HRPT LH
                              2007 HRPT LH
                              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Working...
                              X