X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Were to meet in Little Rock

Originally posted by stillkruzn
    Originally posted by DropTopZ28
    i know there are quiet a few people staying at the ramada on shackleford on friday and saturday and there is a resturant right behind the hotel(mexican i think). i think some of the others went to the resturant so maybe they could say if it was any good. there was a river district(i think this was in little rock) that had a few places down there. i think there was a big dock like area there, also a river boat with gambling. i personally like the hotel idea.
    There isn't any gambling on that river boat... it is just for dinner cruises... the only gambling in AR is the the horse races in Hot Springs and the dog track in West Memphis...
    i didn't think that was right after i wrote it and i asked my wife today and she said it was evansville that had the river boat gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by stillkruzn
      i know there are quiet a few people staying at the ramada on shackleford on friday and saturday and there is a resturant right behind the hotel(mexican i think). i think some of the others went to the resturant so maybe they could say if it was any good. there was a river district(i think this was in little rock) that had a few places down there. i think there was a big dock like area there, also a river boat with gambling. i personally like the hotel idea.
      There isn't any gambling on that river boat... it is just for dinner cruises... the only gambling in AR is the the horse races in Hot Springs and the dog track in West Memphis...
      Some of you might want to know that about half of the counties in AR are also dry... Pulaski Country(Little Rock) is not one of them...

i didn't think that was right after i wrote it and i asked my wife today and she said it was evansville that had the river boat gambling.

Comment

There is a Hooters in N. Little Rock 4110 Landers Road, could not find any Quaker Steak and Lubes this far south in Arkansas. Sometime in the near future I will post the Hooters locations in each city. Can't beat the wings. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 1967rsss
          There is a Hooters in N. Little Rock 4110 Landers Road, could not find any Quaker Steak and Lubes this far south in Arkansas. Sometime in the near future I will post the Hooters locations in each city. Can't beat the wings. ;D
          There are Hooters at some of the Tour stops (I've been looking myself, along with Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.); as far as Quaker Steak and Lube, they're mostly in the eastern states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc.), but there is one in Madison, WI; now, the story, as posted on the HR board by a young fellow who worked there: apparently he saw that the Power Tour was coming into Madison, and he mentioned that to his boss (to see if they would host some of the PT'ers, like the Cleveland QSL did last year). As the story goes, the manager said that there would be no room for the car folks, because they were hosting the local firefighters/emergency service workers there that night (no extra space in the parking lot either). Now, if I were running an "auto-themed" restaurant, and I knew that 1200 (?) long haulers, along with at least that many local "carjunkies" (no pun intended), were going to be running around and looking for place(s) to meet, I would have the red carpet out, as they say....but that's just me, and that's no knock against their local emergency workers....I mean, I don't know how many people the place holds, but...how about a tent outside (for extra folks), or extra parking nearby, or....

Comment

How about joining us for 2nd annual Cruizapalooza that kicks off with a parade with its destination being the River Market District in downtown Little Rock and Riverfront Park. Please visit www.bigcruisefest.com and select Cruizapalooza. You can register for the parade-no cost. Once in the park, live entertainment, great restaurants, door prizes, games and more. hrm

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Dolan
              How about joining us for 2nd annual Cruizapalooza that kicks off with a parade with its destination being the River Market District in downtown Little Rock and Riverfront Park. Please visit www.bigcruisefest.com and select Cruizapalooza. You can register for the parade-no cost. Once in the park, live entertainment, great restaurants, door prizes, games and more. hrm
              Carol, I believe that quite a few people are already signed up for this. I know we are.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Yup we are as well

Comment

So glad folks are registering for the parade [event in park, as well.] I am staying in close contact with LRPD traffic control. As I stated previously, the entire parade route is closed to normal traffic - all intersections protected so as to make sure that the parade flow is not interrupted. If the numbers are large enough, I already have permission to have a side-by-side or two-lane parade so keep your fingers crossed that we get to that point. Again thanks much and we can't wait for everyone to arrive in The Rock! hrm

Comment

Carol I signed up via your site but didn't get and email conformation is that normal?

Comment

i haven't got any conformation either. i figured i would be coming soon. carol let us know what we should be expecting. we are a needy bunch that likes lots of info and details. ;D

Comment

Registration, or credential day via Family Events, is from 2 - 6 pm Friday, June 6 at the fairgrounds. I will be there registered more for the parade. The parade stages at 4:30 pm at the fairgrounds - on the midway and we exit at 6 pm. The parade, like last year, is led by LRPD - Roosevelt, which is the road we will exit onto will be closed for parade traffic - all intersections will be closed [by LRPD] through to our destination, downtown Little Rock's River Market District and Riverfront Park. This is an awesome area - great restaurants, attractions, Riverfront Park is nestled against the AR River.

Cruisapalooza event [after parade]: Live Entertainment, great door prizes, Adult Trike Competition-Winner receives a custom built award [built by Reed's Early Iron], The Rock's Choice will be selected and presented. FYI: Photos of those two awards will be downloaded on www.bigcruisefest.com by next Tuesday or Wednesday. Additional competition is "bowling in the skiller!" I will post some photos of that competition - very groovy.

We will have Derrick Rose The Magic Man - he also creates balloon headware and a wonderful face painter Ms. Rita.

All parade participants will receive a dash plaque.

I hope you spread the word - we have plenty of room for cruisers in the parade as well as at the park. I will keep you updated as we add more to CP in The Rock! hrm

Comment

sounds like a great time
                          I am already registered for cruiseapalooza is that the same as the parade??
                          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2012 Northeast Rod Run
                          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Yes, Cruisapalooza kicks off with the parade and then the car festival in the park. I will be at the fairgrounds [or someone on my staff] for check in and onsite registration for the parade. We will be located by HRPT registration. As soon as I have venue logistics from Family Events, I will post for all. Currently, we are going to stage on the midway; however, that may change after I review the vendor midway from FE. Please know I will make sure all know where to go in the next week or so. hrm

Comment

Working...
                            X