POWER TOUR MADISON,WI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POWER TOUR MADISON,WI.

Do you freaks want to do a QUAKER STEAK and LUBE ? They are very accomodating there. We can contact them now and arrange something for friday nite... Or do y'all want to just hang out?

Re: POWER TOUR MADISON,WI.

MIKEE, agreed with your post, but....1) there was a post awhile back on the HR forum by a young fellow who worked at the QSL in Madison; apparently (and I'm paraphrasing his remarks from memory), he mentioned to his manager the fact that the Power Tour was coming into Madison with 1500 (?) cars; 2) he also knew, from reading other posts, that last year, the Power Tour did a "kick-off" dinner (50 cars or so?), at the QSL in Cleveland (Valley View location); 3) some of the Tour/Forum Freaks mentioned, or suggested, that maybe we could meet up at the QSL in Madison; 4) the employee mentioned all of this to the manager (and that maybe some of us would like to cruise to the QSL for food and refreshments, as long as we had a place to park), he said that they were hosting for local firefighters and emergency workers that night (Friday, June 13th), that there would be no room for "other cars"; 5) apparently, the employee who was interested in the Power Tour then quit his job there; so.....if you can arrange something there, more power to you (or if someone else in the Madison area can "seize the opportunity" (as they say), hey, we're comin', to your city!.....

Comment

Did contact them w/ itinerary.... of what the schedule would be and the quick facts of what is needed from them.( they asked) I have not received an answer yet. Will post as soon as i hear either way.
      REX, i remember something about that story too. long time ago; and i'm getting too old to remember that far back. ??? ??? ???

Comment

Mikee and rexdogg

If you were going to be in Madison once, where would you stay.
        From goggle earth it looks almost like a resort town between the two lakes. Is it a college town?
        How nice is the Venue?
        I might stay
        bob

Comment

Bob,

To answer part of your question, Madison is home to the University of Wisconsin and is the state capital.

Comment

Albany NY
            Is home of a few colleges, and is our State Capital,
            neither of which make its it a nice place.
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
              Mikee and rexdogg

If you were going to be in Madison once, where would you stay.
              From goggle earth it looks almost like a resort town between the two lakes. Is it a college town?
              How nice is the Venue?
              I might stay
              bob

bob, the venue is on the south side to the eastern edge. very easy to access from the beltway..hwys 12/18 run around madison on south side ..east to west and connect to interstate 90 on east side.
              donot know which route the tour is taking; but i would come into town from the west on hwy.14.
              take the route down the mississippi river or somewhat inland and come in alomng the wisconsin river...it is very scenic w/ hills and coulees. it is the driftless area that the glaciers did not get to 10,000 yeatrs ago. highways are pretty good thru-out that region.
              from la crosse down to madison on state hwys is hilly and lots of curves...fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                If you were going to be in Madison once, where would you stay? From goggle earth it looks almost like a resort town between the two lakes. Is it a college town? How nice is the Venue? I might stay
                bob
                Hey Bob: Madison is not just any "college" town. It is the home of THE University of Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Badgers. A professional party school. Professional I spent five of my best partying years of my life there and still managed to earn an engineering degree. The venue is set up pretty well. The Alliance Energy Center hosts some large concerts and gatherings. The lot is quite large with many hotels nearby. This is a pretty safe area of Madison. I'm not concerned (yet) about the safety and security of my car. But I'm staying right across the street from the Alliant.

Comment

Madison IS the University of Wisconsin. The whole town is built around the college. My wife graduated from there in 2004 and I've had some pretty crazy times there. It's a fun town, but not a place I feel really comfortable parking my car overnight. I suppose a parking lot would be fine, but just to be safe I booked a room at the Concourse, www.concoursehotel.com, because of the indoor heated parking. I'll spend a little extra for peace of mind.

Comment

OK its a party Town, so where is the "PARTY FRIDAY NIGHT"
                    Cruise the Strip???
                    rexdogg's Hotel???
                    we're way behind on a schedule of fun things,
                    VA Hospital Friday am.
                    Sat night Shackleford parking lot party
                    ????
                    bob

OK, where's the kitty food

NO Mice, Please..............

Comment

Bob: not quite sure about the events at Madison on Friday night....I think that Mikee has been in contact with the management of the Quaker Steak and Lube there, about maybe hosting some of us that evening (don't know if he's received a response yet, though); there is a Hooters in Madison as well...I did see a blog entry on the Hot Rod site to the effect that Cherry Bomb, one of the PT sponsors, is planning several giveaways (jackets and stuff) during the tour, and a "'70's" music band and meal for the long haulers in Madison to close out the tour, in honor of their 40th anniversary....me, I'm registered at the Holiday Inn on John Nolen Drive, pretty close to the venue at the Alliant Center; I'm still interested in hearing from the locals in and around Madison (car folks, car clubs, etc.) to see if anyone is planning any kind of get together.....

Comment

Dave
                        that sounds like a start of a PLAN, free meal, maybe a jacket,and good music.
                        Jesse and I are staying with you at HI.
                        its a start
                        bob

freak power

Comment

One of the local car clubs has a website you can check on or contact them.

The midwest's largest swap meets and car shows are hosted by Madison Classics. These car shows and swap meets are great places to buy and sell cars and hard to find car parts.

Comment

I emailed the QS&L in Madison a couple weeks ago. They said they were going to try to have something going on. Thats all I got back.

Comment

Hey 1956, Madtown is a party town. Most of the town action is on State Street (At least it use to be when I lived there a few years back). We do need a place to meet for an "end of the 2008 PT" libations gathering. Hooters or QSL has my vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X