unoffical 1/8 mile track stop June 9th in Chattanooga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unoffical 1/8 mile track stop June 9th in Chattanooga

Ok, I am going to do a small on track "HOW TO" for those who have not been down a track before.

I am the regular annoncer but i wont be working, However i will get the mic.

Talking everyone through a BURNOUT, then STAGING the Car, and the launching the car, for those who have never had that experiance. over the PA system at the start of the night.

for those whom have never ran a track before 3 things

1) drive it just like you do on the street
    2) the more you spin ( your tires) the slower you will go
    3) NEVER STOP/ BACKUP/ TURNAROUND / OR SLOWDOWN TO TALK TO THE GUY IN THE OTHER LANE.

DON'T LAUGH ITS BEEN DONE WAY MORE THAN ONCE.

As far as saftey goes. On our track we use IHRA Rules (seat belts mandatory)
    so 8.50 or FASTER you will need a helmit

7.50 or faster you need a fire jacket also.

under 7.00 full cage, full suit

Hope that helps

Comment

an approx times question for the 1/8 mile.

Soo for the 1/4 mile we have times of (roughly)

16 Sec
      15 Sec
      14 Sec
      13 Sec
      12 Sec

what would be the approx time for the 1/8 mile.

I'm assuming that 8.50 would be approx 12 sec 1/4 time ?

I'm not looking for exact time but just an idea

Also I agree with the first time run rules.
      My 73 Camaro outran a 2010 V8 Camao only because I had more experiance (it was their first track run & they got lost in the gears).
      I ran a 14.4 vs their 16.6 ? It was totally experiance. I was suprised
      We are planning a rematch this year some time now that they have been shown what to do.
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo
        an approx times question for the 1/8 mile.

Soo for the 1/4 mile we have times of (roughly)

16 Sec = 10.25 1/8
        15 Sec = 9.60 1/8
        14 Sec = 9.00 1/8
        13 Sec = 8.30 1/8
        12 Sec = 7.70 1/8

what would be the approx time for the 1/8 mile.

I'm assuming that 8.50 would be approx 12 sec 1/4 time ?

I'm not looking for exact time but just an idea

Also I agree with the first time run rules.
        My 73 Camaro outran a 2010 V8 Camao only because I had more experiance (it was their first track run & they got lost in the gears).
        I ran a 14.4 vs their 16.6 ? It was totally experiance. I was suprised
        We are planning a rematch this year some time now that they have been shown what to do.
        Here is a chart I found for conversions, look at your 1/4 then go back to your 1/8

remember street tire do not hook like track tires if you need to factor that in. Dave

if you look at your quote I added the equivalent

Comment

Thanks bluez That is what i was looking for the link is blocked at work, so I'll check it out when i get home.
          So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
            OK, I need to ask. As my car has never been down a strip {not finished, but will be for PT} my car doesn't leak or drip, but I'd like to maybe give her a scoot down the strip.
            Someone point me to the rule book so I know what I need to have for a street car.
            Assuming I will need helmets for me and the wife, even if we are belted in?
            usually, you don't need a helmet unless you are dipping into the 13's. i would expect seatbelts to be required. everything needs to be tied down (no battery tied down with sewing thread), i can't imagine they would let you run with bald tires. if you aren't too fast, i think as long as the car is safe on the road, you should be alright. use common sense.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
              Originally posted by Eliteman76
              OK, I need to ask. As my car has never been down a strip {not finished, but will be for PT} my car doesn't leak or drip, but I'd like to maybe give her a scoot down the strip.
              Someone point me to the rule book so I know what I need to have for a street car.
              Assuming I will need helmets for me and the wife, even if we are belted in?
              usually, you don't need a helmet unless you are dipping into the 13's. i would expect seatbelts to be required. everything needs to be tied down (no battery tied down with sewing thread), i can't imagine they would let you run with bald tires. if you aren't too fast, i think as long as the car is safe on the road, you should be alright. use common sense.
              Honestly we dont tech cars on street night, thats not to say we dont check you out, but (like you stated lol) dont be tying your battery down with dental floss, and please trucks, take the stuff out of your bed before running ..thnaks, Is it June yet?

Comment

Good thing my car will be sporting drag radials. ;)
                Powertour off/on since 2002
                sigpic

Comment

Not fair with the drag radials..Maybe you can lend them to a few of us??? ???
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72
                    Don't worry, they are Nittos and they don't hook up too well but do last a longer on the street than some of the other brand drag radials.
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by street72
                      The cool thing is he Can give car lengths :D

Gn's are wicked when right, cant wait to see it in action!

Comment

Count my vic in shes not fast but can sure make some tire smoke ;D

Comment

i'm having trouble making it come up on map quest. do you have an actual address for it?
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Bruce, here you go >>> 745 Scruggs Rd. Ringgold, GA 30736
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

FYI......there is also a dragstrip in North Birmingham called Lassiter Mt....it has just been refurbished......

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                                Bruce, here you go >>> 745 Scruggs Rd. Ringgold, GA 30736
                                thanks buddy.
                                by the way, we missed you, John and Jim last weekend. hope you guys can make the fall run.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X