unoffical 1/8 mile track stop June 9th in Chattanooga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unoffical 1/8 mile track stop June 9th in Chattanooga

MOTORHEADS Come one come all let rip up some asphault!!!

I had thrown around an idea to have another place to stop and have fun. This weekend I reciebed cofrimation on the event. Here is how it should go, let me know what you think who wants to come and any suggestions Pleae. Dave

What
    Street Night / Power Tour night Brainerd Dragstrip

Where
    Brainerd Dragstrip Chattanooga, Tn

1st exit in Ga Cloud springs go right off eixt take 1st right (1/8m) go 1 mile track is on the left ( you can see it from I-75)

When

Wensday June 9th

How Much

$10.00 per person children 10 and under free
    BUT YOU CAN
    1) you can have passengers as long as everyone has saftey equiptment (no pass if car is under 7 sec)
    2) you can drive or your passenger can drive as long as they have valid licence
    3) you can go Heads up -
    3a)You can GIVE CAR LENGTHS (like PINKS)
    3b)You can ROLL RACE ( like on the streets, leave from burn out box roll to tree and hit it, there will be NO time slips on Roll racing)
    4) you can film it ( passengers only)
    CAN NOT race bikes vs cars
    there will be an active tree, times slips and track prep
    there will be concession stand open with food and drinks
    there may be a track photographer for pictures
    BUT Sorry No Alcohol

I would like to get a basic head count and find out if any one has other suggestions? thanks Dave

Re: unoffical 1/8 mile track stop June 9th in Chattanooga

I'm in! ;D....there may be a need to settle some 'differences of opinion' among the freaks during the previous nights' bench racing
    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Sounds like a possibility...

Comment

should be a hoot, tropical shirts and VHT ohhh yeahhh BABY!!!!

Dont forget you can roll race and set car lengths out, like on pinks !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
          I'm in! ;D....there may be a need to settle some 'differences of opinion' among the freaks during the previous nights' bench racing
          Internet research shows the track's address as 745 Scruggs Road, Ringgold, GA.....looks to be within 15 min or so(?) south of Chattanooga.......rexx

Comment

as long as that bald headed dickhead isn't going to be flapping his arms then I guess it could be a fun detour but would like to better understand the route before officially committing to attending.

Comment

There is a 1/4 in Montgomery. I wonder if they're open......
              Powertour off/on since 2002
              sigpic

Comment

I would definately be interested in running the Camaro and possibly the Judge at a strip again this year.
                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                DW- 12,16,17
                "Stay thirsty my friends"
                The worlds most interesting man

Comment

You set it up and I'll be there.Is this something that we can do after the event festivities and into the night? If so,it sounds great..What about a burn out contest? We seem to do this at every hotel..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                    Originally posted by arrowhead
                    Internet research shows the track's address as 745 Scruggs Road, Ringgold, GA.....looks to be within 15 min or so(?) south of Chattanooga.......rexx
                    from downtown with traffic its might take 15 mins

two ways to get there, take exit 1 east ridge, go left over freeway 1sr real road is scuggs ( turn at Tennessee speed sport speed shop) Left, and it is about 1 mile on the right.

Or go pass exit one to the first ga exit (cloud sprigs road) turn right off ramp - turn right at first road (scrugg iis between the two gas stations) and go 1 mile it on the left. if you take this route as you pass into ga and head up the hill look to your right and you will see the track.

I have some local cars going come down and give a good show also.

Comment

OK, I need to ask. As my car has never been down a strip {not finished, but will be for PT} my car doesn't leak or drip, but I'd like to maybe give her a scoot down the strip.
                      Someone point me to the rule book so I know what I need to have for a street car.
                      Assuming I will need helmets for me and the wife, even if we are belted in?
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                        OK, I need to ask. As my car has never been down a strip {not finished, but will be for PT} my car doesn't leak or drip, but I'd like to maybe give her a scoot down the strip.
                        Someone point me to the rule book so I know what I need to have for a street car.
                        Assuming I will need helmets for me and the wife, even if we are belted in?
                        Well - it sort of depends on the venue. At Bristol, I did it in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, flip flops and sunglasses!

Comment

I was in the same except for the Hawaiin shirt. I was sure they were not going to let me run until I took a look at everybody else!!
                          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17
                          "Stay thirsty my friends"
                          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Yeah i have similar questions

Are safety belts required seeing as the cat has non
                            Valid license, now this is the difficult part as its a UK license but its okay for me to drive on in the USA
                            Crash helmets? i dont really want to have to drag mine with me all the way from the UK

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                              Well - it sort of depends on the venue. At Bristol, I did it in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, flip flops and sunglasses!
                              Regarding passes during the tour, the requirements seemed pretty 'flexible'. Tech seemed more interested in the general condition of your junk (tires, suspension). Similar to cstmwgn's experience at Bristol, Great Lakes in Wisconsin last year and Heartland in KS in 2008 seemed to have similar standards for all the freaks who wanted to run.
                              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                              X