Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip home From Mobile. What way are you headed? Wife wants to stop @ New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trip home From Mobile. What way are you headed? Wife wants to stop @ New Orleans

My spelling is going to be off because I"m not one of them there Cajuns but I'll try my best. However, you need to stop at Cafe' Du Monde for a Benget'. Don't wait in the line. Locals just grab an avaliable table. Head across the street and you'll find a place to try a Muffaletta. I think it's central market.

If you want breakfast then you need the streetcar or drive West (front downtown) on Saint Charles until you reach the 90 degree curve. Eat at Camilie's.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Trip home From Mobile. What way are you headed? Wife wants to stop @ New Orleans

I was in New Orleans maybe ten years ago. I wanderd around Bourbon St etc. After Mobile, I need to head back to Florida and home to get ready for a road trip back to NYS for a reunion the following weekend in a different car. It is nice to be retired. Lots of driving for me in June.

Comment

Our plans is to head out through New Orleans, but probably not going to go into town. Dad is going to drop me off at the airport so i can fly home to Chicago. and he will continue home to Denver. I am unsure of his plans but i know he will stop in Wichita, KS for a couple of nights (His mom lives there)

Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Re: Trip home From Mobile. What way are you headed? Wife wants to stop @ New Orl

Aw, man, fly home?? Come on man, man up, right now, and ride it out back north! ;D
          Anyone can fly home...but not many get to say they got to cruise in a fine 442 for many many good miles.
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
          X