The High Life Lounge 6/4/10 Update Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The High Life Lounge 6/4/10 Update Thread

There is a big campground in Newton by the Interstate according to Google. Someone just call them and tell them you plan on having a big bonfire. Sure would be nice to have a bonfire and beer under the stars in Iowa on a June night.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of just doing Newton.We all booked close to town for the reason to be close.There has to be a local pub that will support a good cause or a pub owner who is a vet to work with us.I know these locals at looking a mega bucks to be made in their small towns and I don't blame them.Make it where you can.But driving almost an hour for a beer,and I don't drink beer,is a bit too much..Oh I drink my share,just not beer..So as quaint as this small town looks,I think I will visit the local pubs and hope that we can work something out with an owner.I can't see them NOT loving this.Even if they charge half price,with the amount of cars and people we can generate to show up they will still do very well.Who's close enough to stop on in and see what we can do???? ???
      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

I agree with so,e of the others in the whole 40 mile thing. I'm driving into Newton on Friday and I'd much rather do something in Newton that evening. Curbside parking is an absolute no-no for me. I suspect the folks at Iowa Speedway will host some sort of a "Meet and greet" at the track. I would if it were my facility. Why wouldn't you want to maximize the profit potential by selling burgers and beer to a bunch of thirsty car people ?

Just my .02, Dean

Comment

Ok guys and gals, check out the VA Hospital thread. I've posted a link for a restaurant in Newton that has plenty of parking and an outdoor patio.

I've only done this because so many of the PT veterans have voiced that they prefer to stay in Newton. By no means do I want to steal the thunder away from someone elses idea for fundraising. My thoughts on this would be whomever wants to stay in Newton can come over to the Okaboji Grill and those that want to go to the bar can do so. That way we will have 2 fundraisers to benefit 2 lucky groups.

Linda 8)

Comment

Linda - Great minds think alike .. I have calls into Okaboji in Newton and also American Legends in Marshalltown. Gonna hear what each has to offer and make an executive decision, but will aim for Newton assuming they're willing to oblige. High Life never called back, so I'll take it the manager wasn't interested anyways.

Comment

I thought Linda has the Okaboji in Newton set up already, with the charity Honor Flight?

Comment

Yes, Linda has a done deal with Okobogi Grill, refer to the VA visit thread ;)
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Oh .. duh. I clearly can't read. A long week at work will do that to ya I guess. Haha.

Comment

No worries at all, everything is ready to go at the Okaboji Grill and the VA Home. See you all there!

Linda 8)

Comment

Working...
                    X