Noob looking for info on freebies and giveaways on the Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob looking for info on freebies and giveaways on the Tour

I read on "another" forum where people were getting a packet of goodies sent to them after the tour from Flowmaster. That got me thinking, I want to know all the in's and out's on getting all the free stuff I can and giving myself the best chance to win a give-away (I guess by telling me you kill your odds ;)). Can you Vets of the tour explain to us noobies how the freebies and give-aways work? I also read where someone suggested you take labels printed with your name, address and phone # on them to keep from having to fill all the stuff out by hand. Is this a good idea and if so, is the any other info that should be on the label?

I know, I know, I'm a freebie hound ;D.

Thanks,
    Chad

Re: Noob looking for info on freebies and giveaways on the Tour

Chad

The secret to the flowmaster giveaway is to get the card when you come through the gate in Little Rock. There will be a guy (gal) greeting each car - if you have a long haul registration sticker on the car - they will give you the card. Then you get it stamped/signed at each venue and on the last day, they give you a certificate for $50 worth of apparel.

As to the other stuff. You basically go around and register at the vendor's booths for their giveaways. Some are instant (Shirts, MSD magnets, ...) others are drawn on the stage during the afternoon/evening entertainment.

Good luck

Comment

Cool, I'll make sure and get the Flowmaster deal and hit all the vendors. Anybody else? Also, any insite on the printed label idea?

Chad

Comment

Sorry Chad I should have added about the labels.

The purpose of the vendors is to build mailing list - period. They want all your info before they give you the SWAG. So the labels make the process faster. The downside to that is you will get a TON of junk mail after you get back from the tour. So yes the labels help speed you through the goodies gathering process. Anyone ever considered using an enemies address labels :

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
          Sorry Chad I should have added about the labels.

The purpose of the vendors is to build mailing list - period. They want all your info before they give you the SWAG. So the labels make the process faster. The downside to that is you will get a TON of junk mail after you get back from the tour. So yes the labels help speed you through the goodies gathering process. Anyone ever considered using an enemies address labels :
          Now you all call me a trouble maker. ;D However, that's not a bad idea. I wish I would have thought of that myself.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

As far as the Flowmaster deal goes - you only have to have it stamped at the first and last stop. I've used them from two tours toward nice jackets. The jackets were $70 so I gave them a credit card and it only cost me $20 with the coupon.

Comment

I got to both Kissimmee and Cleveland late and missed the Flowmaster card giveaway. One of our Forum friends, Orange95Z, gave me his and I got some great shirts (THANKS MATT)

Be sure to stop by the vendors and drop off the filled in forms that are in the registration package. Now, you need to have a chair and sit at the stage each evening. There, names will be drawn from those turned in. I didn't know about it but my name was pulled in Gainesville in '06, but I wasn't there. (You must be present to win.) I was told about it that next day and was a religious attendee with daughter after that. On Friday, in Englishtown, my daughter, Allison, had her name pulled and now my Buick has a complete set of Flowmaster exhaust and mufflers. THANKS FLOWMASTER!)

The idea of preparing address labels is great time saver (and saves the hand!) It can be done quickly Saturday evening while having a parking lot beer.

On Friday, you can get 'extra' things for the vendors don't want to take them home. My grandchilddren joined us in Englishtown and Allison took them around the vendor tents and filled a bag with stickers, cars, and other 'cool' things for each of them. Also, on Saturday there may be some special Long Hauler items handed out that morning.
              John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

I forgot, our esteemed host Chad Reynolds, was the announcer at the stage and did a great job. Even was humorous!!! ;D
                John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Originally posted by 68_GS_400
                  I forgot, our esteemed host Chad Reynolds, was the announcer at the stage and did a great job. Even was humorous!!! ;D
                  OK John - that just brings up a very ugly side topic - doughboy (Chad illustrious sidekick). With out Chad we will ONLY have doughboy to listen to and I can tell you for myself - NOTHING they are giving away is worth sitting there and listening to him for a couple hours each day!

Comment

I got to both Kissimmee and Cleveland late and missed the Flowmaster card giveaway. One of our Forum friends, Orange95Z, gave me his and I got some great shirts (THANKS MATT)
                    You're welcome John. I had too many of their shirts as it was, glad to see somebody else get them.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                      OK John - that just brings up a very ugly side topic - doughboy (Chad illustrious sidekick). With out Chad we will ONLY have doughboy to listen to and I can tell you for myself - NOTHING they are giving away is worth sitting there and listening to him for a couple hours each day!

I agree with the doughboy boycott. I'd rather watch paint dry in really cold, wet weather wearing shorts and shivering. Oh yeah, no extra creds available this year.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Matt

Does that mean you have a cabdriver / navigator this year?

Thanks again for giving us your extra one last year.

It is far to early for me to know for sure how many (if any) I am going to need this year.

Comment

Hey gang, don't forget to register for the car they give away. You never know, you just might win!!!! ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

OK here is a question are these giveaways like all the sweepstakes and competions in the magazine that non US residents are not eligable for?

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                              Hey gang, don't forget to register for the car they give away. You never know, you just might win!!!! ;)

Cheaps 8)
                              Nobody ever really wins that stuff, do they? ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X