Last Weekend at Sebring for 3 Hour Endurance Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Weekend at Sebring for 3 Hour Endurance Challenge

Last weekend I was at Sebring with Dave (std) and the Robinson Racing Team again, for the 3 Hour Endurance Challenge.
    This time, our Co-driver was Paul Dallenbach and I got to enjoy the company of his parents, renowned racer Wally Dallenbach Sr. and his lovely wife Pita. We enjoyed talking about our dogs and the good life in general.

George inadvertently took the 2001 Riley & Scott MkIII Series C SportsRacer off track for some motorcross, so we had to remove all the body panels and get the grass and debris out of the radiators and belly pan. Also, on one of the 7-lap feture races, Paul hit some carbon fiber debris from an earlier incident and got a puncture in the left rear tire. When the tire shredded, it significantly damaged the rear deck, but luckily we had a spare to run during the Endurance Challenge.

Our luck wasn't the best, but still better than Robert Garcia's team, who drives our old 1998 Riley & Scott SportsRacer.
    He blew his engine. Here his crew has pulled the old motor and is waiting on the new motor to arrive.

Here is a picture of the Transmission / Tail section, which attaches to the engine.

Then on the warm up lap, Robert spun out on cold tires and went into the grass before rear-ending the wall.
    Not one body panel escaped damage and everything will need repair or replacement, even the belly pan.
    Ouch !!
    :P

Re: Last Weekend at Sebring for 3 Hour Endurance Challenge

Cool pics Steve. Thanks
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Yeah Steve, thanks. I love open wheel racing in any form.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Great pictures Steve.....Thanks...
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Cool stuff Steve, Thanks!!
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Working...
          X