1st timer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st timer questions

So this will be my 1st power tour and I won't be making the whole run but hoping to pick it up in Bowling Green or Chattanooga. My question is, say I was meeting up in Chattanooga, the tour would be getting there maybe early afternoon on the 9th spending the night then leaving for bhm on the 10th correct?

Also, to attend the official PT events at each stop you have to register for the whole tour right?

Sorry if the questions seem simplistic but I just wanna be sure how it works.

Thanks

Re: 1st timer questions

That is correct about arriving in Chattanooga on the 9th and heading to B'ham the morning of the 10th. You don't really have to register as along hauler to attend all the HRPT events, but it is well worth it if you will be making more than one stop. You do have to register for each day if you do not register as a long hauler in order to get in to the venue.Good luck and we will see you there!!!
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

You really do not have to register at all - but you cannot bring your car into the venue, you would have to park with the civilians and walk in but it is free to do it that way. A strong suggestion - if you have the time and money make as many stops as you can and do register (check on the website but I think it's $70.00 for the Long Haul or $25.00 per day so 3 days or more you should just register as a LH'er and the goodie bag is "supposedly" a little different) and make the drivers meetings, hit the vendors booths for freebies and guaranteed you'll enjoy it and wish you had done more stops. It's addicting to say the least.
      Be there or be square - Phil / Omaha
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by msc66
        Also, to attend the official PT events at each stop you have to register for the whole tour right?
        Just to be clear here, You do not have to register to come and walk around and enjoy the event, but you will have to park with the spectators and walk to the venue. if you are only attending one venue, you may not want to register (daily = $25, LH = $70).

Daily registration only really allows you to park with the other participants, inside the venue which is the "car show" area.

Have fun and enjoy !!
        ;D

Comment

Not that I want to discourage him from registering

but PLEASE - have to walk in from the spectator parking?
          Spectator parking is probably closer than some of the places I have been parked as a long hauler in the past :'(

Comment

having your car parked outside with the spectators is not nearly as fun as being parked inside with your buddies. your not really on power tour if you are just a spectator.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
              having your car parked outside with the spectators is not nearly as fun as being parked inside with your buddies. your not really on power tour if you are just a spectator.
              So true.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Thanks guys. i work freelance and we have a saying that a sure way to get called for work is to plan a vacation. Every day on the tour will potentially cost me 400 - 500 dollars in lost wages but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and choose life over work. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and my car isn't broke and the tour is coming close to home so I guess this is my chance.

I at least want to do Chattanooga, B'hm and Mobile so I'll register as a long hauler. Really wouldn't want to leave my car in spectator parking and if I'm gonna do it I might as well do it all.

Look forward to it and to meeting folks from this here forum!

Comment

Welcome aboard Mike. You won't regret your decision, I guarantee ya.
                  Ed.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mike, I could be mistaken, but the LH registration may pay in part for itself for each venue you attend. The "Cruise Nights" sponsored by the vendors usually includes complimentary *food/beverage* served during the day (not night). These vittles usually require a long hauler registration card to be presented at the "vittle gate".
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn

Spectator parking is probably closer than some of the places I have been parked as a long hauler in the past :'(
                      It's racial profiling Alan - they must not like beach bums in Harwaiin Shertz I guess. I hate when that reverse discrimination crap happens eh ?
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yeah, ok, ok ... I didn't mean to imply that it was a "hike" to get there, just a that it was a different parking spot and one that did not necessarily put your car "on show".

How's that ?
                        :D

Comment

If you didn't drive so damn slow, you wouldn't get there late all the time! : ;) ;D
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Arrival time at the venue is completely dependent on the previous evening's extra curricular activities. ;)
                            Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1
                              Arrival time at the venue is completely dependent on the previous evening's extra curricular activities. ;)
                              I think we're going to be late this year. ;) ;D
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X