Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Tour side trip stops... anyone got any planned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tour side trip stops... anyone got any planned?

I'm planning on going to the Corvette Factory and Musuem in Bowling Green, and stopping by the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN.

Anyone else have any other excursions planned for the tour?

I'll be stopping and seeing some family and friends, but those are the 2 major ones that I plan on doing.

Re: Power Tour side trip stops... anyone got any planned?

liquored store.
    Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
      liquored store.
      :D :D Speaking of such, are any of the stops "dry" this year?
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
        liquored store.
        Well, if you haven't been following the "misadventures of Bob and Buddy" thread, I suspect that they are going to get an above ground pool liner and put it in the back of Bob truck and bring a whole new dimension to "blue cooler" :

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
          Originally posted by Pumpkin
          liquored store.
          Well, if you haven't been following the "misadventures of Bob and Buddy" thread, I suspect that they are going to get an above ground pool liner and put it in the back of Bob truck and bring a whole new dimension to "blue cooler" :
          Damn, that's a good idea. ;D
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Lincoln's Tomb in Springfield

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Go to Lincolns Library while in Springfield, I hear it is very nice, also there is Lincolns home.
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Probably won't have as much time to do things as I'd like. I really enjoy Civil War era history but probably will have to do a Kodak drive by for most of the cool stuff. I think I was born 100 years too late.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by bonecrrusher
                  I'm planning on going to the Corvette Factory and Musuem in Bowling Green, and stopping by the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN.

I'll be stopping and seeing some family and friends, but those are the 2 major ones that I plan on doing.

George A Dickel distillery is also close by Jack Daniels......................
                  That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by bonecrrusher

Unless you just have to see the Jack factory, i suggest the Jim beam instead, its FREE you can walk right up to the barns and smell the wiskey, and they give you a fee jim filled chocolet. :D just trying to help
                    P.S. don't forget the county lynchburg is in is a DRY county.

Comment

I made a side trip to the Jack Daniels distillery when tour passed nearby a few years gao. I found it well worth the trip. I like to see where my investment goes!
                      Non-denominational car nut.
                      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                      Do you go all the way?

Comment

My co-pilot is a truck guy so we'll be stopping by the famous I-80 truck stop in IA either along the route or before we get there on Friday. Past that I'm going to look at cars and general scenery.
                        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss
                          My co-pilot is a truck guy so we'll be stopping by the famous I-80 truck stop in IA either along the route or before we get there on Friday. Past that I'm going to look at cars and general scenery.
                          Where's the truck stop? oops, just found it..... www.iowa80truckstop.com world's largest truckstop rexx

Comment

We are considering a River Boat Cruise while in Chattanooga. Does anyone know much about the Sunset Sightseeing cruise? Is there somewhere safe for our cars while riding the boat? Hmmmmm, just thinking out loud.

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Yup did the JD tour last year on my way back home, just dont do it on a sunday as you cant buy anything

Going to hit the drive in at newton

Comment

Working...
                              X