Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Tour side trip stops... anyone got any planned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Tour side trip stops... anyone got any planned?

Corvette Factory Tour, have that set for 2:00PM, have a few extra on my entry if anybody wants to join. Thinking the Jack Daniels stop would be cool if time allows.
    Dannie
    2010 Camaro SS
    Long Haul 2010/2011
    Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

My co driver wants to do the Corvette Museum, so we'll go do that. Also, Barber Motorpark in Birmingham (Leeds) beside being a nice race track, has a really cool museum. Mostly motorcycles i think but i was told my numerous people that it is well worth the visit. it's right off I-20.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

If I am on or ahead of schedule I plan to stop here:

Explore services offered by Wapello County's departments, including election services, records, community services, and more.

It's not that far out of the way, and is a piece of Americana. I need to pose in front of the house with a torque wrench.
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Charles, I haven't looked much at the route, how far off of it is this place?

Comment

Leon,
            Eldon Iowa is 87 miles south east of Newton. Per Mapquest; the HRPT route (Newton to Keokuk) is about 175 miles. Mapquest's route (Newton, Eldon, Keokuk) is 179 miles. I'd rather see the "Gothic House" before tour. That works for me since I am traveling from the south/east coast. As an added bonus you can go through Ottumwa, Iowa the home of Radar O'Riley in MASH. Also, it's asking a lot to skip the first day of driving with the P/Ters. On the other hand, there were lots of tour folks on the side tour to the Surf Ballroom when we were last in Iowa.
            Non-denominational car nut.
            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
            Do you go all the way?

Comment

Working...
            X