Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold, hard realization.

Let me start by saying sorry for the long post. ;D

I was reading the countdown post and reality hit me right smack in the head. I had been following that post in a bubble thinking, "Oh I have 101 days to get my car ready for Power Tour, that should be plenty of time". But when I realized in a normal a 7 day week, I really only have 2 good full days to work on the car. You know there's soccer practice for two kids, dance for my daughter, the wife and I play volleyball, I play softball and on and on and on. So 101 days to LR divided by 7 days in a week is 14.43 weeks. 14.43 weeks times the estimated 2 days a week I get to work on the car is 28.86 days left to work on the car. Not quite as peachy as 101 days. Even more so since I would like a couple of weeks to "road test" the car on my commute to work.

I do have a "list" on the dry-erase board in the shop. I think it has about 18 items left on it. Some small, but some that will take a day. I have no doubt I will make it, I thrive under pressure, but it is food for thought.

So the moral of this post, if you are thrashing on a vehicle for PT, thrash harder. Now, I'm going to skip out to the shop, there's a cold beer, a '78 Malibu and a ticking time clock waiting on me. God I feel like one of those guys on the "reality" car shows on TV.

Chad

Re: Cold, hard realization.

Oh yeah. Someone always has to burst our illusions with reality. ;D :D Lucky for me that I only have a couple of little things left to do to my car.
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

I know the feeling. A few years ago, when I was finishing my 67 GTO, I wanted to debut it at the local cruise night in the town I grew up in. I started to calculate what needed finishing, by the number of days left, and figured it could be done. I had to sacrifice, and give up a few things, but got the job done.

Comment

We will be on "crunch" time also...The Metro needs engine compartment replaced, interior redone, rearend narrowed, paint and convertible top put on...and a few other things. Luckly, if it doesnt get done, we can always take the Marlin! But it WILL get done. (I think) :P
        http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 65Marlin
          We will be on "crunch" time also...The Metro needs engine compartment replaced, interior redone, rearend narrowed, paint and convertible top put on...and a few other things. Luckly, if it doesnt get done, we can always take the Marlin! But it WILL get done. (I think) :P
          What drivetrain are you running in your Metro?

Comment

We bought a 74 Mustang ll and using all the suspension. Chuck has a newer 4 cy Ford motor his Dad built up and he is backing it up with the 5 speed out of the Mustang. The rear end goes tomorrow to a guy that has the equipment and tools to narrow it since it is not a 9 inch rearend. Chuck wanted to keep the smaller one for better gas mileage and he wants the same size tires all the way around so we only have to carry one spare. He has to install a different steering column since the old one wont work. He has the body work finished and is now fabrication the engine compartment. Will look like a stock Metropolitan on the outside but a whole lot of difference on the inside!

Jill
            http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

we must endeavor to perservere(chief dan george to josie wales) We are plodding along on the 57....the 53 will be in reserve.
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
              X