Pinewood Derby - Racer Photos & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinewood Derby - Racer Photos & Updates

I thought we should have an update thread so we can see each other's progress.....here's mine:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Re: Derby Racer photos and updates:

Your ahead of me. At least you opened the package ;D
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
      I thought we should have an update thread so we can see each other's progress.....here's mine:

Look like a Monte Carlo Ed -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Here you go...

OH YEAH
        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Looks nice.....I gotta long way to go...... :D
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I've got mine sanded ;)

Comment

Mines not out of the bag yet....But it is out of the box it was shipped in,so I guess that means I've done some work on it.. :-\
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

At least they're made of wood and they float- As you may have heard little ole RI had some water problems my cellar included. All will be fine come PT though.

Comment

What are these for? Are we having a pinewood derby race at Power Tour? I want to know. NOW!!!

What are the rules? Somebody tell me. NOW NOW NOW ;D ;D ;D ;D
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Never mind, I found it!!! This could be really cool.

I want to hot rod mine more though. Bastards. Too many rules.

I might have to get one soon though. This could be way fun.

Comment

I think some folks are ordering two kits.....one for the 'official' races, and another to build for the 'outlaw' series....... ;)
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Ooooohhhhhhhh. Can we run out own Outlaw series? Will they let us? I doubt Hot Rod will let us steal any of their thunder by having us do a BangShift.com Outlaw Wood class.

If they would, it would be cool. How hard is it to build a pinewood derby track? I'll have to check into this. One of you idiots with a truck could bring one i bet.

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                          Ooooohhhhhhhh. Can we run out own Outlaw series? Will they let us? I doubt Hot Rod will let us steal any of their thunder by having us do a BangShift.com Outlaw Wood class.

If they would, it would be cool. How hard is it to build a pinewood derby track? I'll have to check into this. One of you idiots with a truck could bring one i bet.
                          Heyyyy.....I represent that remark!
                          Some of the freaks are already working on the portable track issue. No one has laid any 'outlaw' rules down as of yet. Of course, our 'outlaw' series will be totally non-sanctioned by the 'official' sources.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Let me do some checking on stuff before we hijack their idea and bring out won track, but keep moving in that direction. I'll make some rules up for the outlaw class so we can get started on them.

According to the charity website that is doing the derby, they will be at each event all week. So we can run on their track as we want, but under their rules. I don't think we can bogart the track for our own fun and excitement. Which means, we would have to bring out own and we don't want to be dicks to Hot Rod by totally stealing their thunder.

But, I am a racer, and I want to build a "legal" car and an outlaw. Oooohhhhh this could be way way way too much fun.

Comment

My kids are running two cars (hopefully).. Outlaw might be good for Dad...LOL
                              -Mick
                              HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
                              "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

Working...
                              X