Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado / Nebraska / Iowa (Fri Denver-Lincoln / Omaha, Sat to Newton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado / Nebraska / Iowa (Fri Denver-Lincoln / Omaha, Sat to Newton)

Anyone leaving or going through the Denver, CO - Lincoln, NE leg on Friday?

My dad and I are leaving Friday the 4th in the morning (between 5-7am, still in the air), and stopping for a free night at my brothers in Lincoln, NE.

We will probably be leaving Denver, CO early enough to get to Lincoln, NE before 5:00pm, so if you want to make it to Newton for the Okoboji Grill event. You can continue on and still get there at a decent hour. (3 1/2 hours from Lincoln to Newton according to Google Maps)

We will then be meeting another car at the QT gas station at 84th and I-80 in Omaha at 9:00am on Saturday the 5th and leaving for Newton.

Anyone doing these legs about the same time?

PM me and let me know if are and want to drive together through ;) "Wonderful Colorful Eastern Colorado" ;) or ;) "Beautiful Western Nebraska" ;) on Friday, or with us into Newton on Saturday.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Re: Colorado / Nebraska / Iowa (Fri Denver-Lincoln / Omaha, Sat to Newton)

Pantera Man and i are leaving so. cal early on wednesday which i think is June 2. the night of june 2 will be spent in moab, utah, so passing through denver the morning or noonish on thursday, the 3rd headed to omaha the night of the 3rd. From Omaha, we will get into Newton on Friday probably around noon. We will be participating in the Veterans Car show in Marshalltown Fri eve and the to the grill. Happy to hook up with you but sounds like we will be a day ahead of you.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

If anyone wants to stop in Denver for lunch/dinner (or if you need anything passing thru), let me know.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

why aren't you joining us. thanks for the offer.
        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

I know most of you are getting to newton on Friday, but i figured i would dig up this old post to see if there is anyone new out there that might be driving about the same time as us?

Projected time we are now leaving Denver is 6:00am (still could change) on Friday. We will only be traveling about 65mph to keep the cost of gas a little lower, since we run 3,000 rpm at 70

There is a possibility that a 97 mustang will be joining us for these legs. Anyone else?
          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Still planning on it man.

Just need to get this OUT OF THE PAINT SHOP!!!
            :o
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
            X