This may alter some of your plans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may alter some of your plans.

If you were planning on hitting the beach after the tour, this may change your plans. I hope they can get it stopped soon but it's not looking good.

Last I read they're going to have to dig a relief well to stop it and that will take 3 months.

Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Re: This may alter some of your plans.

actually, florida has had a plan already and they are watching things closley and are ready to put things into action. they have both the beaches and the oyster fields to protect.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

actually there isn't enough boom/barriers to protect the beaches. They're using the booms to keep the oil out of the bays/estuaries instead. Protect the sensitive breeding/nursury areas & they'll clean the beaches later.
      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Also Tennessee is now under water....DejaVu all over again?
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd
          Also Tennessee is now under water....DejaVu all over again?
          Nah, That was Iowa!

Comment

Anyone familiar with the KY-TN areas, can offer an opinion as to whether all of the flooding around Nashville might affect the PT route from BG to Chattanooga, or maybe keep us posted on that? rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
              Anyone familiar with the KY-TN areas, can offer an opinion as to whether all of the flooding around Nashville might affect the PT route from BG to Chattanooga, or maybe keep us posted on that? rexx
              Unless it washes a bridge out I doubt it'll be flooding still in a month.
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like the military is installing some sort of fencing to keep oil off the beaches, @ least in the south Ala. area.

Comment

I live on the east side of mobile bay.Its not looking good. the booms are failing and we are already seeing the effects of the spill.
                  It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

well, i can say one thing...i used to support oil wells of the florida coast. i was sure modern saftey measures would prevent this from happening. doesn't do any good when they don't use them. i guess i'm not so for them anymore. :'(
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

As I've always said to my fellow Florida residents. It doesnt' matter because they are already of AL, MS, and LA, and TX and the whole gulf is connected. Looks like it could make landfall in FL before AL depending on wind and currents....

Sure it sucks, but we're as guilty as anyone with our "habits."

I don't understand why our wells aren't required to have automatic shutoff valves and why this one in particular didn't work. It will be interesting to see what the exact cause was when they pull this one to the surface to investigate.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X