We need to eat dont we?.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to eat dont we?.............

I was wondering for those who know to us who dont know.........can anyone let us know about some about some good eating places that we will come across while on the Power Tour you know some you have seen on the Food Channel or you just know about personally.....I will start
    from the PBS show called "A Hot Dog Program" will we land in Springfield, IL where the Cozy Dog stand is......

Suite101 helps you discover home ideas, DIY crafts, gardening, food, style inspiration, how-tos and other ideas to make your life better.
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Re: We need to eat dont we?.............

I think that Cozy Dog is closed on Sundays (day of Springfield stop); somebody mentioned a BBQ place in Chattanooga, but
    name escapes me now. Some folks were talking about running down to Lulu's at Homeport, Gulf Shores, AL (owned by Lucy Buffett, Jimmy's sister; about an hour south of Mobile), but don't know how many folks will make that drive. There was also some talk about Lambert's Cafe (home of the throwed rolls), in Foley, AL, a few miles north of Gulf Shores.....I think there was a thread re: places to eat, can't find it now......rexx

Comment

I'm with ya on this one! I posted a thread awhile back regarding some places.

Lamberts was the travel channel's #1 place to pig out on their top 10 places to pig out list. Lamberts has 3 locations in the country, but only one near our tour. Lamberts is in Foley, AL.

Birmingham is home to some great BBQ resturants. My favorite is Dreamland BBQ. I don't know if I'd want to go there at night, but I wasn't really worried when I was there. There are some really good chain type resturants near our Birmingham stop, but if you're like me you'd rather find a local favorite etc..

I love Pizza, so if anyone familar with our tour cities has a good pizza place please let me know!

Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Diner's, Drive In's and Dive's... and there is a place in Springfield I'm hitting up.

Waymarking.com is a way to mark unique locations on the planet and give them a voice. While GPS technology allows us to pinpoint any location on the planet, mark the location, and share it with others, Waymarking is the toolset for categorizing and adding unique information for that location.
        Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
        www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

And here I thought Charlie Parker was only a sax player !
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

For the mobile al. Area , for seafood the bluegill on the causeway between mobile and daphne is a great place to eat. The have both inside and outdoor seating on the water and live music on Fri, sat and sun , night.
            It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Originally posted by Devil
              I'm a huge fan of Diner's, Drive In's and Dive's... and there is a place in Springfield I'm hitting up.

Waymarking.com is a way to mark unique locations on the planet and give them a voice. While GPS technology allows us to pinpoint any location on the planet, mark the location, and share it with others, Waymarking is the toolset for categorizing and adding unique information for that location.

I love that show too...the wife & me have few places off that list........what you posted is exactly what I meant .........

Hey 64falconsix those are great places too but I expect when we get there they might have a slight unprocessed oil taste ;D

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                I think that Cozy Dog is closed on Sundays (day of Springfield stop); somebody mentioned a BBQ place in Chattanooga, but
                name escapes me now. Some folks were talking about running down to Lulu's at Homeport, Gulf Shores, AL (owned by Lucy Buffett, Jimmy's sister; about an hour south of Mobile), but don't know how many folks will make that drive. There was also some talk about Lambert's Cafe (home of the throwed rolls), in Foley, AL, a few miles north of Gulf Shores.....I think there was a thread re: places to eat, can't find it now......rexx
                There are 2 BBQ places I know of in Chattanooga............Sticky Fingers and the Rib & Loin .........the are 2 locations for both....

Comment

How about places that serve a decent rib-eye and fresh frozen fish :'(

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                    Iowa has some good beef - but they're even better known for their pork.

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I added Charlie Parker's Diner in Springfield to my itinerary. Thanks for the suggestion.
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10
                        Originally posted by Devil

I love that show too...the wife & me have few places off that list........what you posted is exactly what I meant .........

Hey 64falconsix those are great places too but I expect when we get there they might have a slight unprocessed oil taste ;D
                        oooops. I hope things are not that bad. I will post a few other choices with addresses in both Mobile and Daphne. tonight or tomarrow
                        It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Just FYI... I am meeting up some people at Charlie's on Sunday morning, 9ish. Everyone is welcome.

ALSO.... I've been to over a dozen DDD places... and taken pictures at each... enjoy

Ryan
                          Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                          www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice........maybe can add a few on this tour

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                              We will be dining at many Cracker Barrels along the way (ribeyes and great cod and catfish). One bonus to joining us is anyone at our table gets a 35% discount(tipping on full amount). It's kinda like the pork chop tied around your neck to get the dog to play with you....but we don't eat alone much.
                              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                              X