Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need YOU! Be a part of BangShift.com's Guerilla Power Tour Coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need YOU! Be a part of BangShift.com's Guerilla Power Tour Coverage!

Hey kids, it's your ol' pal Brian. :D

Chad and I had a brain storm the other night which, quite honestly is something of an accomplishment. Along with our awesome PT coverage that Chad and the lovely Daphne will be providing from each and every stop on the tour this year, we had another, potentially awesome-er idea. (Did he say awesome-er? Why yes, I think he did.)

We've set up an e-mail address: [email protected]

Each day we want you do send a quick story, text, cell phone photo of something cool, something funny, unfortunate carnage, a hilarious situation, a good inside joke, etc. For example, is your pal passed out in the trunk of his Buick after too many adult sodas? Is there a paint job that looks as though there was an explosion at the Krylon plant? Did someone burn their tires down to the cords? Did you eat at a great/awful restaurant? The possibilities are endless and the stories will be awesome.

Essentially we want to make all of YOU our cub reporters. It'll be a fun way to really personalize the coverage of the tour and show a real view of how much fun your gearhead goons are having out on the road. All of us at home will be jealous as hell and hating your guts, but you will be loving life and living large.

We'll compile the best of the submissions daily and run them as a seperate blog, the BangShift.com Forum Freaks Guerilla Travel Log (or something less wordy and way more catchy, but we smell what I'm smoking here, right?).

I'll annoy you with more announcements as we get closer but we'd love you help with this deal!

Thanks for reading and being a part of the fun here at BangShift.com

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: We need YOU! Be a part of BangShift.com's Guerilla Power Tour Coverage!

We smell what you're steppin in.........we are so there with this. 8)
    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I think this is a great idea and I look forward to giving my iPhone a workout.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

woot woot!

Comment

We too are in on this idea. I will also be using my iphone for the journey. I only wish I was a s smart as my phone :

Dean

Comment

I will only make the last leg of the tour this year but count me in too.
            It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

cub reporter, I can do that ;)
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Brian,
                I think it's a great idea. I will try to help if I can get one of our gang to bring a laptop (Laroke can you bring firefly?). It will take some doing to sit down an write in the evening, when we are usually partying, but as Jimmy Buffets says: "Any ole drunk can tell a good story, but it's a writer that can get up the next morning with a hangover and write it down !"

I have written several short stories about my Power Tour adventures (2007 was 92 pages long) so I will be comfortable writting a little something for you, if I can divert my focus from the CARS for a minute ! Hope your idea is a success.

Thanks for the opportunity,

DTB
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Cool idea guys, guess your synapses were firing all brain cells yesterday !!
                  ;D

Comment

Gee, if we submit a story that makes the site, do we get a year's free membership or something?? ;D
                    Sounds like fun, and you're probably gonna get deluged with good stuff!
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender
                      Brian,
                      I think it's a great idea. I will try to help if I can get one of our gang to bring a laptop (Laroke can you bring firefly?). It will take some doing to sit down an write in the evening, when we are usually partying, but as Jimmy Buffets says: "Any ole drunk can tell a good story, but it's a writer that can get up the next morning with a hangover and write it down !"

I have written several short stories about my Power Tour adventures (2007 was 92 pages long) so I will be comfortable writting a little something for you, if I can divert my focus from the CARS for a minute ! Hope your idea is a success.

Thanks for the opportunity,

DTB
                      Hey Dave, it doesn't have to be Hemmingway, hell it doesn't even need to be Dr. Suess! If it's a funny one-liner, a three sentence text, whatever. The more spur of the moment and genuine the better!

I DO NOT want writing cutting into party time, that runs counter to everything Chad and I believe in and hold true.

Brian

Comment

i just lost any shot i had at a laptop for tour this year on the Yukon trans....i'll have to get up early and hit the lobby!
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I'm long hauling it this year...

As long as you don't mind me ranting about the long drive, and the hangover stories... I'll participate... hahaha,

Comment

I'm blogging for Cardomain again, so there will be daily updates on my blog. Take what you like.
                            Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                            www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll be shooting video and pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X