Street Party in Newton on Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Party in Newton on Friday

Has anyone else seen the info on HotRod.com about the street party in Newton on Friday?! Sounds pretty cool! The town is rolling out the red carpet for us!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Re: Street Party in Newton on Friday

did see it......although many folks are coming in on Saturday, there's quite a few (of us) who will be in town on Friday; between the visit to the Iowa Veteran's Home in Marshalltown, the Honor Flight fundraiser at the Okoboji Grill, and then "downtown" Newton, Friday should be "way cool".....rexx

Comment

I looked for it after your post and i cant find it! Any street party i'm up for!
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto
        I looked for it after your post and i cant find it! Any street party i'm up for!
        Me too!!! ;D
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

This is from the Newton Chamber on hr.com

Dear 2010 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, The Greater Newton Area Chamber of Commerce and our entire community is so excited, happy and grateful to be warmly welcoming our guests from around the United States and beyond on Friday June 4th, 2010. We are planning a party. You can follow us on FACEBOOK. The Greater Newton Area Chamber of Commerce email address is [email protected]

Our first fun fact: Have you ever heard of Maytag Blue Cheese? Well, Maytag Dairy Farm is located right here in Newton, Iowa.

We still have room availability on June 4th, 2010 at local Bed & Breakfasts: Aerie Glen Bed & Breakfast Email: [email protected] website: www.aerieglen.com

LaCorsette Maison Inn (listed on the National Historical Registry) Email: [email protected] web site: www.lacorsette.com

Linden House, Restaurant & Lounge in Lynnville, Iowa Email: info@lindenhouse .com website: www.lindenhouse.com

On the square in downtown Newton, Iowa on Friday June 4th, 2010. Music will be playing, food vendors will be available, your VIP parking spaces reserved and a live band at a parking lot party at The Scoreboard. More information to follow.
          The Jasper County Courthouse on the square is also listed on the National Historical Registry.

Like I said before, we are excited, happy and grateful to be warmly welcoming you to Newton, Iowa. Sincerely, Newton Chamber of Commerce
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Veterans Home in the afternoon, fund raiser at Okoboji Grill and Street Party in the evening. It is going to be a full day but a whole lot of FUN!! It is nice when host cities get into the spirit of the HRPT like this. Reminds me of Somerset, KY last year and Kissimmee, FL in 2006.

Mike

Comment

WON'T WE BE TO TIRED?

Comment

Have party, FREAKS will be there!!
                Susan G
                HRPT 95,96,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,07,09,10,12,13
                Long Hauler 98,99,01,02,04,07,09,10,12,13

Comment

Working...