Pre Power Tour Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Power Tour Meet and Greet

I did not want to hijack Linda's post for the VA Home visit so this is just a reminder that there will be a meet and greet cruise-in on June 4th from 5:00 to 8:00 PM at the Okoboji Grill, 1407 W 19th St. S, Newton, IA 50208.

As an annual tradition (started by Forum Freaks), there will be a fund raiser for a veteran's organization. This year donations will be given to Honor Flight. If you are not familiar with Honor Flight, they send World War II veterans to Washington DC to see the World War II memorial and as many other veterans memorials as possible in one day. Little time remains for most of them so the more money that can be raised, the more veterans can make the trip. All proceeds will go directly to Honor Flight with no administrative fees going to anyone!! Hope to see you there with open wallets and purses!!!!

If you would like to know more about Honor Flight visit their website: http://www.honorflight.org
    Jim & Maureen
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Re: Pre Power Tour Meet and Greet

Thank you for this post Jim
    It is of great pleasure to see the brave men of WWII going to see the memorials in their honor and meeting with other service men and women. Too many times these folks are only remembered and shown appreciation after their lives have ended. Thank you to all those who have served our country the United States of America.
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Thank you so much Jim for setting this up! It will be a great fit with the VA Home visit, just another way to say "thank You" to the bravest group of folks ever! :D

Linda 8)

Comment

Our motel is just down the street on 19th St. Hope we can make it!
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Planning on being there also. I feel like Paris Hilton going to all these parties in one night. :-*
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We'll be there.. Damn, I'm gonna be tired before we even get this show on the road.
            Susan
            Susan G
            HRPT 95,96,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,07,09,10,12,13
            Long Hauler 98,99,01,02,04,07,09,10,12,13

Comment

I'll be there with beers I mean bells on. I'll be the one with a beer in hand :D.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

^^^^^ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D^^^^^

Linda 8)

Comment

No one will be able to tell us apart then Matt! ;D Oh yes they will, you're the tall skinny guy drinking a beer and I'm the short round guy drinking a beer! ;D
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'll be the very handsome, mature looking one........... :D
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                      Me too Ed :D :D :D :D
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
                        Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                        Me too Ed :D :D :D :D
                        Did you guys mean standing in manure? :-[

Comment

Bump!!
                          Jim & Maureen

Comment

Bump... Just in case anyone new is looking
                            Jim & Maureen

Comment

Hey Gang,

Daphne and I might be able to make this, but I'm not sure yet. I'll keep you posted.

We are also talking about doing a FF meeting on Day One (Saturday) so I can give you guys some cards, decals, etc. I'll keep you posted on that as well.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                              X