There BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There BACK!

Love is in the air - saw the first pair today!

sure hope they are all done by June 3rd!

Re: There BACK!

OK I will be the first to ask, Who's Back?
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
      OK I will be the first to ask, Who's Back?
      The infamous LOVE BUGS that surface just about the time we leave for PowerTour

Comment

Is it the LOVE BUGS!

Comment

Allen just treed me, by 1 second.

Comment

The Lovebug, Plecia nearctica, is a member of the family of march flies. It is also known as the honeymoon fly, telephonebug, kissybug or double-headedbug. The adult is a small, flying insect common to parts of Central America and the southeastern United States, especially along the Gulf Coast.

The lovebug was first described in 1940 by D. E. Hardy from Galveston, Texas. At that time, he reported the incidence of lovebugs to be widespread, but most common in Texas and Louisiana. However, by the end of the 20th century the species had spread heavily to all areas bordering the Gulf of Mexico, as well as Georgia, and South Carolina. L. A. Hetrick, writing in 1970, found it very widespread in Florida and described its flights as reaching altitudes of 300 m to 450 m and extending several kilometers over the Gulf. In 2006, it was reported as far north as Wilmington, North Carolina.

I HATE Lovebugs !!!
            >

Comment

I guess that's the only good thing about Ohio, we don't have those.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Steve,

You have way too much free time!!
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I hope there gone by June too. Having about 800 of those smooshed on the front of a white car looks really nasty and a pain to clean.
                  Susan G
                  HRPT 95,96,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,07,09,10,12,13
                  Long Hauler 98,99,01,02,04,07,09,10,12,13

Comment

Originally posted by 98whtwhtvett
                    I hope there gone by June too. Having about 800 of those smooshed on the front of a white car looks really nasty and a pain to clean.
                    Only 800? You got off lucky! I have seen motorhomes that tow racecars into Bradenton that looked like a freakin' Chia Pet covered with those nasty baddies. When they get smacked at 70 mph, their guts and bodily fluids get all over your paint. This stuff has a mild acid in it and needs to be washed off quickly to avoid paint damage.

This is typical of what I saw at the racetrack in Bradenton:

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Another of the reasons I don't miss living in Fl.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I have been commuting in the five five since Thanksgiving. Last week I decided to start doing the 79 mile round trip on the bike again. LOVE BUGS . . . they taste like shit, and don't spit out well at 65 mph.

And that's all I got to say about that !

Windshieldless DTB

DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59
                          You have way too much free time!!
                          Yeah, isn't it great ??
                          ;)
                          Originally posted by Dave the Bartender
                          LOVE BUGS . . . they taste like shit, and don't spit out well at 65 mph.
                          Dave, be a man and just swallow !!
                          ;D

Comment

Do you guys use anything on the front ends? There are a couple of spray type products I think. Would it be smart to try to hang a screen behind the grille? At times western SD gets grasshoppers real bad, the highway looks in motion from all the insects. Very difficult to remove from paint.
                            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                              Do you guys use anything on the front ends? There are a couple of spray type products I think. Would it be smart to try to hang a screen behind the grille? At times western SD gets grasshoppers real bad, the highway looks in motion from all the insects. Very difficult to remove from paint.
                              My theory is that they are lite enough that if you drive fast enough you can blow them out of the way before they hit the car :o

My paint guy swears by bounce and others have told be to use Pam (not sure I am willing to spray grease on my paint). Since I stop pretty often to spend money I generally check the front while I am checking the oil and other fluids.

Comment

Working...
                              X