Route leaving Chattanooga is a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route leaving Chattanooga is a nightmare

of epic proportions. Traffic galore, and stop lights aplenty. To those not making the drivers meeting and staying in hotels around the HIE Lookout Mt. I can get you around the mess that is going to happen. It's a nice drive too ;).
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Re: Route leaving Chattanooga is a nightmare

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    of epic proportions. Traffic galore, and stop lights aplenty. To those not making the drivers meeting and staying in hotels around the HIE Lookout Mt. I can get you around the mess that is going to happen. It's a nice drive too ;).
    I'm at the HI-Lookout Mountain......any suggestions you have would be appreciated......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
      I'm at the HI-Lookout Mountain......any suggestions you have would be appreciated......rexx
      There are a couple of ways around the mess. One gets us back on the route pretty quickly, and another one takes us right through the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park. That's the drive I plan on doing. It also links back up with the "official" route. Ya'll are free to follow me from the hotel, as I'm not making the drivers meeting.

Matt

Comment

Yeah I agree. I like going through the battleground much better! Did you notice on the way to Chattanooga that we pass through Al Gore's hometown? How many of you want to get a picture with me flipping off the "Al Gore" sign?

Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

Matt,What time do you plan to leave then? Do we have time to make the drivers meeting or are you leaving about the same time the drivers meeting is on? I'd like to go your way and also like making the drivers meetings.Looks like I may have to miss the meeting that day..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72
            Matt,What time do you plan to leave then? Do we have time to make the drivers meeting or are you leaving about the same time the drivers meeting is on? I'd like to go your way and also like making the drivers meetings.Looks like I may have to miss the meeting that day..
            I'm not a fan of the drivers meetings, espicially after that fiasco that was PT 08 headed to Madison where they told everybody to not drive the route, yet they did. You'll be lucky to get back to the hotel by 10:00 with the meeting starting at 8:30. I'd like to be on the road by 9:00am.

Matt

Comment

We're at the HI and would like to join you heading out from the hotel.

Comment

See you there Leon.

Matt

Comment

I'll be there with you and that other Californian..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bishir
                    Yeah I agree. I like going through the battleground much better! Did you notice on the way to Chattanooga that we pass through Al Gore's hometown? How many of you want to get a picture with me flipping off the "Al Gore" sign?

Let's show Al our Hybrids. Definition of a Hybrid is a composite of mixed origin.

OR my own version it operates on two sources of energy. Mine burns GASOLINE & RUBBER.

Comment

I'll follow you Matt. ;)
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Im going to be staying at the KOA in Chattanooga West so i havnt looked to see which way out to the official route

Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA
                        930 Mountain Shadows Drive
                        Trenton, GA 30752

looks like it drops out on 59 but any local knowledge would be appreciated guys

Comment

I'm staying at Lookout Mountain at the Hampton, so would like to meet up and follow the groups route to avoid the nightmare, if you all don't mind.
                          Dannie
                          2010 Camaro SS
                          Long Haul 2010/2011
                          Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

.... I can get you around the mess that is going to happen. It's a nice drive too ;).
                            is drafting allowed 8)
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

We will probably go your way also. I haven't looked at a map yet, is there only 1 way in and out of the park? I want to stop at the Battlefield and do some sightseeing. If you could pass on any directions out of the park and back to the route, that would be great.
                              Susan G
                              HRPT 95,96,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,07,09,10,12,13
                              Long Hauler 98,99,01,02,04,07,09,10,12,13

Comment

Working...
                              X