Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just the random, oh SH** three weeks and my car still ain't painted rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just the random, oh SH** three weeks and my car still ain't painted rant...

So.
    Three weeks. And my freaking Torino isn't painted yet.
    I am seriously getting worked up right now.
    I was supposed to have my car done by now. Pushed back a week. Pushed back another week.
    Yup. Just like I figured. That promised three weeks is getting kicked out to five F*@&%$# weeks.
    Looks like I may not have working AC or the head liner.

AAAHHHHHH

sigh...ok...well, I still feel like hell.

On the bright side, I finally got my set of rollers all in and set up:

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: just the random, oh SH** three weeks and my car still ain't painted rant...

Three weeks out and the doctor says I'm not allowed to drive any long distances. :o I blew out a (back) disk on the Spring Blooms Tour. I'm williing to compromise and drive somthing with an automatic. This changes my plans on driving the van. Having to trade horses at this stage is not fun.
    Non-denominational car nut.
    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
    Do you go all the way?

Comment

Good luck, I've never had a painter get something done in time.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

Bummer on the back man. Find yourself a nice mark5 lincoln, or a caddy with some bags on it for a smooth ride.
        Forget the van! Well, unless you have it crewed with the local hooters staff.

I am in good spirits about the GTS...just part of the madness. Hell, I may or may not get my bumpers back in time from Chrome.
        :-\. Thank god I have a set of bumpers I could use, even if they are a bit thrashed.

Sitting here out on the deck tonight after a very long, very crap filled week. Realizing I am alive, got my ride finally going to be in color after 9 LONG years of work...hell with it, I am feeling good.

After all, my old man always said, "dont sweat the petty stuff. Pet the sweaty stuff" or some crap like that... ;D
        Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Had a similar moment on Wednesday. Cammie stalled out on four lane highway at 8:00am - on the way to a job interview with the Atlanta Motorsports Park of all times. Managed to coast (going up hill...) all the way to the shoulder and got her off the road (if you're 6" over the white line, that counts as off the road, right?). After the "Oh SH** I'm gonna be late for this interview" thought, the very next was "SH** Less than 3 weeks to PT and I'm working weekends 'til then. This better be a quick fix".

Made it to the interview only ten minutes late (called ahead and let them know what had happened). And it turned out to be a fried HyperTech module .. quick fix =]

We're back on the road and wishing you luck in completing your project. But hey, paint or no paint - it's still driveable ;)

Comment

Talked to the guys doing my car (new panels, new suspension, new brakes, new rear end, new panels) , well I do visit them allot (& take pictures, sorry did not post them) & they are really cool folks. It will be close but I'm still promised to have the car ready to drive & look good for the HRPT. we have worked through most of the kinks but it will be close...
            So. Central PA
            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Nice to know I ain't the only one Vsolo!

I had another 7 hours today on the car. Got all my body gaps where I want.
              4 hours to get my hood aligned. 4 hours.

Speaking with the painter...they will paint it this up coming Friday. He's got a custom 4x4 truck he needs to shoot.
              Leaves me 2 weeks. Well, more like 1 week. Because they are still going to have to cut and buff the body.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X