Rear End Fluid Change in Newton, IA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rear End Fluid Change in Newton, IA

I stopped by the shop where my car is in pieces today & was going to tell them about what i found (I'm a nOOb at rearend stuff) & they said hey you can't use Synthetic in your Moser. We had not checked with what was recommended when were were talking yesterday.
    They are getting me the correct fluid at their cost, They are a good bunch of people,. ;D
    Also since I have the Moser Aluminum rear cover, it is extra easy to drain (little hex at bottom) & to fill (bigger hex at top)
    [ &

Also things are looking good for having everything done by the HRPT. the car won't be 100% (who needs carpert or a dash he he) done but enough for me to the the trip
    So. Central PA
    Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I've talked with several different people in the racing area, and they have recommended RED LINE GEAR OIL for rearend use. I don't have any experience with them, but I'm looking at their stuff to go in the rear of the lakester when I go 200mph.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
        Anybody tried Royal Purple? I run a GM 10-bolt posi, and feels like one of the clutches is chattering at low turning speeds. Gonna change the oil and considering a synthetic......I'm open for suggestions.
        Is it an Eaton unit? I talked with the big guy from Eaton last year in Madison about my posi unit chattering in turns and he said it possibly had synthetic oil at one time. He recommended draining over the winter and refilling in the spring and that I may have to do that a few times.

Reasoning: Synthetic is so slick that when driving straight it is flung out of clutch pack. And when you turn it is dry and chatters. This is how he explained it to me. And mine still chatters because I forgot to drain it over the winter until I started reading this thread.

Comment

Well, Earl is refreshed with GM SyncroMesh in the TKO, and GM spec gear oil, in addition to their friction additive, in the rear. Did alot of low speed turns with it and don't feel any clutch chatter at all. Gears looked great. Geez I love simple fixes! ;D
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X