Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10x10 commercial tent. To bring it, or leave it home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10x10 commercial tent. To bring it, or leave it home?

Just trying to get a feeling for this.
    I was considering bringing a commercial 10x10 pop up stand, as a shade source. I have the heavy duty sand bags made for tying down, but was pointed out in the ridetech bbq thread, if it catches flight...
    • Bring it?
    • Leave it home?

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: 10x10 commercial tent. To bring it, or leave it home?

You know my answer ;D

Comment

The first two years I brought mine and never used it. I wouldn't stay in one spot long enough to put it up. Yes it was hot, so I would just increase my fluid intake ;) I do enjoy the hot baking sun. ;D
      Living the dream!

Comment

Leave it home, save some trunk space, most likley you wont actually use it and it would be really bad if it got away and damaged any vehicles or people. Remember Russo Steele Auction.
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

We have the same type of cover and have hauled it with us to many shows. We only set it up IF we can use the stakes and anchor it in the ground. We've seen too many close calls to count. If you are wanting shade, bring a couple of umbrellas. You can use them when you walk around or while setting in your chair. You'll see lots of folks doing that.

That being said, we will probably bring ours again even though they do take up lots of trunk space. Ours will be available Friday night for the Honor Flight gathering and fundraiser in case of RAIN. :P

Linda 8)

Comment

I see the need at weekend car shows but I don't have time for one on the power tour. Checking out cars and vendors and what is happening at that venue keeps me moving the whole time I am there.

Save the trunk space for VENDOR SWAG! The load of stuff the vendors hand out on the first day will overload your trunk. Shirts, Hats, Signs, Stickers, Posters, Waxes, Cleaners, Towels just to name a few. One year NAPA gave out 5 quart oil drain pans loaded with stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 67BlueSS
              I see the need at weekend car shows but I don't have time for one on the power tour. Checking out cars and vendors and what is happening at that venue keeps me moving the whole time I am there.

Save the trunk space for VENDOR SWAG! The load of stuff the vendors hand out on the first day will overload your trunk. Shirts, Hats, Signs, Stickers, Posters, Waxes, Cleaners, Towels just to name a few. One year NAPA gave out 5 quart oil drain pans loaded with stuff.
              I must have 4 - 5 full bottles of instant detailer stuff still - Mothers, Turtle Wax, Lucas, etc., etc..... I could bathe in it.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                You know my answer ;D
                bringing mine; the one w/ the extra lite poles and likes to really sail in the wind. LEON where are you parking? :o

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                  You know my answer ;D
                  bringing mine; the one w/ the extra lite poles and likes to really sail in the wind. LEON where are you parking? :o
                  I don't have one...can I sit under yours? ;D Anyway, fwiw, long range weather for Newton (and long range forecasts are notoriously inaccurate)......Friday, June 4th, sunny, 80, 10 % chance of rain; Sat., June 5th, 79, scattered showers, 60% rain chance.......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                    Originally posted by MIKEE
                    You know my answer ;D
                    I don't have one...can I sit under yours? ;D Anyway, fwiw, long range weather for Newton (and long range forecasts are notoriously inaccurate)......Friday, June 4th, sunny, 80, 10 % chance of rain; Sat., June 5th, 79, scattered showers, 60% rain chance.......rexx
                    > Will ya knuckleheads knock off that 4 letter cuss word? ;D

This pop up takes two people to pull out and lock in all the legs.

Man, you had to bring up rain. My paint is literally monday fresh.
                    My painter said I'll be fine, but I need to wipre off the water ASAP incase the sun comes out, so I don't get hard spots in the material.

I've decided to hell with it, just going to bring a couple chairs, and a hell of a lot of sun screen.
                    We have had some stuff come up with my wife being sick, and money just went to hell in a hand basket, but we are trying to plan stuff out.
                    Hell or high water, we are going.
                    Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

If you had a small trunk like we do you wouldn't even consider it. Is it too heavy to haul along?
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                        Man, you had to bring up rain. My paint is literally monday fresh.
                        My painter said I'll be fine, but I need to wipre off the water ASAP incase the sun comes out, so I don't get hard spots in the material.
                        You might want to put a coat of Meguiar's M80 Speed Glaze on it. It is Body Shop Safe, it does not have true "wax/sealant" protection, but it does give the best amount of "protection" you can get from a fresh paint safe product. I used the stuff in '08 on the fresh Black paint on the HHR and hit a lot of rain and junk, it cleaned off nice and looked good afterwards.
                        Just make sure you use quality microfiber towels to dry and apply the product.

Comment

I'd leave it at home. The risk of it taking flight is just too great. Not to mention the fact that the weight of the tent and the weight bags would add a bunch to the rear weight of your ride.

Dean

Comment

Decided No tent!

Leon-
                            My painter gave me a full quart of 3M's hand glaze, so I am good. Thanks for reminding me about the towels though, need to go out and get some.
                            Andrew

Comment

3M is good stuff, afterall it's the same company now.

Comment

Working...
                              X