Hot Rod to send updates on Twitter for Power Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod to send updates on Twitter for Power Tour

Just an FYI, Hot Rod is going to send out updates much more frequently through their twitter page. So follow them or just watch the page for newest updates.

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
    www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Re: Hot Rod to send updates on Twitter for Power Tour

I dont get twitter.........I mean I dont understand how twitter works........I just dont get twitter..... ???
    Text me, call me, email me talk to me but I dont get twitter :-\
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I spoke to Jeff about this and this year, HRM is going to use Twitter much more often than last year.
      Last year, they didn't get Twitter either.

Follow HRM at "hotrodmagazine" !!
      ;D

Comment

Steve you going on the Tour this year?

Comment

How the hell do I set this up?
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
            How the hell do I set this up?
            Yea what he said ???
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Either

A) Create a screen name there, then go to the link below and click the "Follow" button. now when you sign into twitter.com it will post all the newest "tweets" on your main page.

B) Just go to this site

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
              www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

If anyone is looking for help setting up their Tweeter account for Hot Rod magazine, feel free to email me directly at [email protected]....

It's pretty simple, but the whole idea can be a bit confusing... We'll be using Twitter on the tour this year for updates and keeping letting you know when we're posting videos, live streaming or have something special to offer...

the Twitter address is... http://twitter.com/hotrodmagazine

Comment

OK I set up the twitter, poked around and read some of the news. Since I dont have a blackberry or cellular internet I dont see the advantage for updated news as I wont be able to check twitter until I get to our hotel. Is HR going to use text messages this year?? I did find that text messages were helpful in traffic directions, special ofers and reminders however some text messages were too late to make any great difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                    OK I set up the twitter, poked around and read some of the news. Since I dont have a blackberry or cellular internet I dont see the advantage for updated news as I wont be able to check twitter until I get to our hotel. Is HR going to use text messages this year?? I did find that text messages were helpful in traffic directions, special ofers and reminders however some text messages were too late to make any great difference.
                    You can get your tweets directly to your phone (there is a setting on your tweet web page with a gears symbol), I have a BB but I only have unlimited text & voice , no Internet. As long has you have unlimited text you will be fine.

So. Central PA
                    Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Ok I think I'm set up to get text messages on my phone.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

What's twitter?

Comment

Don't really know but we are set up for it. Our device has been verified
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
                            What's twitter?
                            OK I'll try to keep this simple & to the point. A text messaging system that you can send message to a bunch of people that you allow to receive your messages.

If you want to receive messages from someone (or an entity, like Hot Rod Power Tour), you add them to your list, then when they send out messages you will receive them on your phone (better have unlimited Text messaging).

I signed up a while ago when my uber-geek son told me, I can't explain it but sign up.

Now you will head about people the tweet too much, like "I woke up", "I'm having breakfast" , you can just take them off your receive list. Example I have a work friend who we use to receive each others tweet but then we realized we were work friends and really did not care about our regular lives, so we both took each other off.

I.e. my sister in law send out useless info about life, I just took her of my receive test messages.

On the other side of Twitter, you can sign up for CNN news messages, or get special deals like @DellOutlet who will give you a special break if you use the code they send you from twitter.

You can also send out pictures thru twitter. (not this requires Internet to view them, but I just wait till I get to a computer to look at them). This is how I keep my uber-geek son up to date on what I have done on my car.

I don't send out a whole lot of tweets. I don't think most people will on the tour.

But lets say the plan was to go to "Bob's room to party" but there is a change & we decide to go to a particular a restaurant, you would only have to send out 1 message & all your tweets would know to go to the restaurant rather than send 20 text messages.

It takes a little while to get use to it.

Check out twitter.com/vsolo & you can see the messages I had sent out to my friends.

I won't be sending out pictures of drinks if there are allow of Bang Shifter listening to me on this trip.
                            I send out some odd stuff because my friends & family (I only have 22 people who follow me & they know me pretty well & understand the joke.

You do not have to accept just any that wants to follow you. I.e. HotSally who wants you to visit her web site.
                            Twitter does a pretty good job of policing stuff like that & they are usual shut down.

For HRPT I would be just receiving massages for the most part.

I'm not getting into re-tweeting here ahahaha

Hope this helps
                            So. Central PA
                            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I can't receive text messages - had it turned off

Comment

Working...
                              X