Hot Rod to send updates on Twitter for Power Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Rod to send updates on Twitter for Power Tour

OK I am set up to recieve HRPT messages. I was not big on texting at first but have found it to be pretty handy.
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Re: Hot Rod to send updates on Twitter for Power Tour

Originally posted by 200WINS
      OK I am set up to recieve HRPT messages. I was not big on texting at first but have found it to be pretty handy.
      It starts that way We use it to keep each (my wife) other updated on things. I.E "I'm working late", "wanna stop for dinner on the way home ?". "Get me some milk er beer" while you are the the store. Much easier than calling and where I worked I was not able to get phone calls inside the building.

When the cell phone networks get tied down you can get a message through, I flew on a support mission do drop of Doctors & Nurses to New Orleans and was able to let my friends know I was there (this was my real world test, texting was still new back then).

When in an country in the world, if you phone has World wide capability (i.e 4 band) you can send a message for 0.35 (on T-mobile)& it was free to receive message, . One country I was in it was 4.99 a minute to talk, so for 0.35 I could answer any question also there was an 14 hour time difference.
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Working...
      X