Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from the Other Side

Here's a tidbit.....add it as you find it:

Holley will be giving away nightly prizes on the Power Tour from all of its brands; Hooker, NOS , Weiand, Flowtech and of course Holley Carbs. During the Bowling Green stop they will be giving away an Avenger EFI system which is valued at $2,000.00. Entry cards for all Holley prizes during the tour are in the first 4000 goody bags you receive at registration. Fill it out and bring it to the Holley display trailer on the midway.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Re: News from the Other Side

Here's another one:

If you want 4 lane flat highway don?t read any further stay on 231 leaving Bowling Green........It is named Old Scottsville road for a reason, It was the old road. The directions take you on US-231 Scottsville road. I am from BG and Old Scottsville Road has to be my favorite road in the county. I can't let Car Guy and Gals come to my town without at least pointing it out. 2 lanes of curves and hills with lots to view and it is along the way that you are going anyway. When I go out for a cruise on the weekend, I always somehow end up on this road, It was made for those who like to drive. They filmed a Chevrolet commercial on a portion of it back in the 90's. It won?t take much of your time to make a small jog down the old road. To get there you take US231 out of town, immediately after crossing over I-65 take a left onto Cumberland Trace Road, travel one mile and turn right onto Old Scottsville Road. Stay on Old Scottsville road until your back at US-23l. Turn left onto US231 and continue on to Scottsville. I am guessing it might at 15min to your trip

I looked and it appears you can get back on 231 at Alverton.....don't see an interchange, so I assume 231 is a limited access highway.....
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Ed...Thanks for the heads up on both counts See you in a week
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

As always we appreciate the local info!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Birmingham:

From the SPEEDSOUTH website:

2010 HOT ROD POWER TOUR
          Speedsouth Activepower will be an active destination for the Hot Rod Power Tour as it passes through Birmingham AL on June 10th 2010. We will be hosting open Dyno sessions featuring our Mustang 1100SE chassis dyno.
          3 pull dyno sessions are offered at a reduced rate of $50.00 and are offered on a first come first served basis. Trophies will be awarded for 3 categories, highest horsepower small block, highest horsepower big block and highest horsepower power adder. Our normal business hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm and we will be extending the hours for this event until 11:00pm to accommodate power tour participants. Please come by and visit our shop and enjoy the festivities.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I think I put this up somewhere else, but here it is again. The cruise is just a couple of blocks from the HEI in Pelham (Birmingham).

So far we have:

*ADVANCE AUTO PARTS
            DJ PROVIDING MUSIC/CAR WASH RESOURCES
            *HOOTERS
            RESERVED ROWS FOR CRUISERS
            SPECIAL DISCOUNTS ON FOOD FOR POWER TOUR ATTENDEES
            *SONIC DRIVE-IN-CRUISERS WELCOME
            *WHATABURGER-CRUISERS WELCOME
            *EXPRESS OIL-STAYING OPEN UNTIL 9PM FOR OIL CHANGES
            *SPEEDSOUTH-DYNO PULLS (3 FOR $50) AND AWARDS FOR
            MOST HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE (THEY ARE ONLY MINUTES FROM CRUISE-IN)
            *BLESSING OF THE MAYOR OF PELHAM AND POLICE DIRECTING TRAFFIC
            *FLYERS HAVE BEEN GIVEN OUT AT LOCAL CRUISE-INS AND WILL BE UP UNTIL
            WEEK OF POWER TOUR
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Chattanooga:

MOTORHEADS Come one come all let rip up some asphault!!!

I had thrown around an idea to have another place to stop and have fun. This weekend I reciebed cofrimation on the event. Here is how it should go, let me know what you think who wants to come and any suggestions Pleae. Dave

What
              Street Night / Power Tour night Brainerd Dragstrip

Where
              Brainerd Dragstrip Chattanooga, Tn

1st exit in Ga Cloud springs go right off eixt take 1st right (1/8m) go 1 mile track is on the left ( you can see it from I-75)

When

Wensday June 9th

How Much

$10.00 per person children 10 and under free
              BUT YOU CAN
              1) you can have passengers as long as everyone has saftey equiptment (no pass if car is under 7 sec)
              2) you can drive or your passenger can drive as long as they have valid licence
              3) you can go Heads up -
              3a)You can GIVE CAR LENGTHS (like PINKS)
              3b)You can ROLL RACE ( like on the streets, leave from burn out box roll to tree and hit it, there will be NO time slips on Roll racing)
              4) you can film it ( passengers only)
              CAN NOT race bikes vs cars
              there will be an active tree, times slips and track prep
              there will be concession stand open with food and drinks
              there may be a track photographer for pictures
              BUT Sorry No Alcohol (drinking and racing dont mix )

I would like to get a basic head count and find out if any one has other suggestions? thanks Dave
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Dave,Any idea about times of this.Is it after the venue,is it during the day or at night??? If after 6ish I'm there..It would be fun to do some grudge racing...Hell,It's just a Rental Car....
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72
                  Dave,Any idea about times of this.Is it after the venue,is it during the day or at night??? If after 6ish I'm there..It would be fun to do some grudge racing...Hell,It's just a Rental Car....
                  Rett, I queried Dave about the time and should have an update today. He says in another post that the track is normally open on Tuesday evenings, but they make be making provisions for earlier in the day. I'll put it up as soon as I see an answer.
                  Ed.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by street72
                    .........It would be fun to do some grudge racing...
                    Heh,heh,heh....let the trash talk commence....pony car cock fights, no?
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Here's the official word, thanks Dave.

Hey Everyone, Just wanting to remind you Gearheads about the stop in Chattanooga, we have the local dragstrip doing a streetnight, I quoted it so you can see again the way we have Fun here in the South. You CAN HAVE Passengers!!!! YOU CAN Roll Race, YOU CAN SET CAR LENGTHS OUT ( like the show PINKS) You Can Film IT!!!! Come on out and have fun. Ill be on the tour with my camaro, and will be going the the strip Wensday night in my Hawaiian shirt :p
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                      X