Keokuk, IA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keokuk, IA

Plans are in place for a great welcome to town for the Power Tour. Signage will be in place from the beginning of town to the end, including the marquees throughout town. Local car clubs will be set up along Main Street to create the auto friendly atmosphere that Keokuk represents. Also present will be representatives from the Keokuk Racers Reunion ( which will be held June 19th) at 18th & Main. They will highlight Keokuk's Racing Champions from the 50's through the 70's, Ernie Derr, Don White and Ramo Stott just to name a few. The weather forecast is good, so look for people to gather for the parade of cars in our downtown area.

The restaurants say they are prepared and the gas stations ready. Speaking of gas, the price this morning was $2.43 per gallon in Keokuk compared to $2.70 across the bridge in Illinois.

We appreciate the Power Tour coming through Keokuk and we hope to add to the excitement.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Re: Keokuk, IA

Keokuk is a very nice area. I went to my first Sonic Drive in there when I went to school at WIU.

Some big time Nascar guys came from there I believe. Also the remains of the original 200 mph Charger Daytona were found at a race shop there.
    Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
    www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: Keokuk, IA

Sounds like fun......and a fuel stop!
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
      X