Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing to protect your ride from thieves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing to protect your ride from thieves?

As I am planning my build for next years Power Tour, and after reading countless threads of high profile cars being stolen, how are you protecting your ride(s)? Do the hotels provide some type of security for Power Tour cars? I am assuming no, since it's not their responsibility.

I am thinking of installing a removable steering wheel kit from Grant, as well as installing a GPS unit to track down the car. Might be overkill, but I sure would hate some low life walking away with my baby. :P

Re: What are you doing to protect your ride from thieves?

Actually quite a few of the hotels provide security. We usually thrown the guard some extra $$$. At a couple of places the freaks took turns staying up through the night and policed the lot themselves. If a thief wants your car bad enough they will get it no matter what kind of prevention you've installed! :P

Linda 8)

Comment

I'll probably lock my car. If a theif wants it I'll collect the insurance and buy the z06 I've been wanting.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

I have two words..... Smith & Wesson

Comment

OVER INSURE !!!! If they want it they'll take it anyway so i have plenty of insurance on it
          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

If I tell you, I'll have to kill you. And all the people reading this thread, so I'll just keep it to myself ;).
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 4dfide
              OVER INSURE !!!! If they want it they'll take it anyway so i have plenty of insurance on it
              X2

Comment

Also,

Put marine type battery terminals on your car and remove the wing nut and disconnect the battery each night.

Remove your coil wire.

DON'T LOCK YOUR CONVERTIBLE!!!! They will cut the top to open it and not get anything. Just leave it unlocked.

The GPS tracker is a great idea though.

I lay Rusty out on the ground and pull the fuses for the Air Ride so it can't move.

Park in backwards. It makes it harder to tow.

Be smart and insure your car.

Pull the electric fuel pump fuse.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Park backward in the space, against the curb.
                  Shaved door handles.
                  Good insurance.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Drive a Fiero- nobody wants to steal those :D

Comment

I've installed an alarm system that can page my key fob on/off device if my truck is "disturbed" it seems to have enough range to signal me in my motel room. It also deactivates the starter. It cost something like $150. I put it in myself, no issues. Other than that, I carry a knife. For fileting fish, of course. I like the idea of parking in backwards. I really don't want to be driving a Fiero, as I am a truck guy. Where would I put the beer coolers? See you all in Newton. David

Comment

Sleep in your car? other wise insure it and have a good time

Dale

Comment

I just lock mine. ;D
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

80% of the time its parked where it can be seen........also Im alight sleeper when traveling.....always been that way........
                            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

GPS I have them on all my cars its small easy to hid easy to wire,if the car is taken get on lap top
                              go to the compamy site. It will loacate the car tell you which direction it going how fast and turn it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X