First breakdown of the Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First breakdown of the Tour

Whilst traveling to Iowa-somewhere in Ohio my car suddenly lost all electrical power. I almost made it up the ramp to the rest area (if I was going a trifle faster I might have been able to coast all the way up the ramp.
    Dug out my trusty AAA card and the driver finally found a shop that could help me out right away. Turned out to be a flaky wire from the battery to the power distribution block. ---- note to self "put wire, crimping pliers and assorted connectors in the tool kit." All is fine now and plan to be at the HEI Newton on the morrow. See ya then

Re: First breakdown of the Tour

Good the hear is was nothing too serious, Phil. See you and Gwen tomorrow in Newton!

Linda 8)

Comment

One of the folks in our group was driving up from Texas on Sunday in his 67 LeMans and lost oil pressure. His brother-in-law hooked up his trailer and headed for Little Rock to haul him up here. Got the engine pulled and disassembled this morning. Lower end is junk. 20 lbs of oil pressure with 11 1/2 comprssion is not a good combination. They think they located a short block late this afternoon. Looks like some serious thrashing for the next two days. They probably won't make the Friday departure with the rest of us but with some luck should be heading out on Saturday am.

Linda, he was not signed up for the Friday VA visit so our count remains at 6.

Mike

Comment

Good deal Phil. See you on Friday.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Phil, I know you are probably trying to get good gas mileage, but you're supposed to keep the engine running ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
            Phil, I know you are probably trying to get good gas mileage, but you're supposed to keep the engine running ;)
            He was always proud of (and deservedly so) getting good gas mileage.....I never knew that some of that came from rolling down the highway with the engine off.....rexx

Comment

Originally posted by SSFAN
              One of the folks in our group was driving up from Texas on Sunday in his 67 LeMans and lost oil pressure. ....... They think they located a short block late this afternoon. Looks like some serious thrashing for the next two days. They probably won't make the Friday departure with the rest of us but with some luck should be heading out on Saturday am.
              Mike
              Epic Hero Efforts!!
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Three and a half hours out, my Richmond 6 speed crapped out on me. However, we are in Newton as I write this and will complete the tour albeit not in your usual PT car. You can see the story at: http://jerryforthofer.wordpress.com/...re-and-issues/

Comment

Working...
                X