Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half way to Newton, now I'm out of the tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half way to Newton, now I'm out of the tour!

Well Panterman and I hit the road at 2 am Wednesday and met up with street72, had a great dinner in Green River, Utah (out near the Colorado border). All retired early as we had to get up to make omaha and phils place. Joe (panteraman) was complaining of a severe stomach ache after dinner and it was worse at 3 am when it was time to get up. Such that he was unable to continue the tour. As much as i wanted to continue with Rett and the tour, i had to ensure Joe got back to Southern California safely.

And dont you know, south of Las Vegas I completely blew out my right rear tire while doing 70 in the fast lane. Now Joe wanted and did stay with me even though he felt poorly. It was 95 degrees out while waiting for the tow (i tried to change it but the wrench had been deformed somehow and the tool kit did not have what was needed). AAA put the spare on and off we went to Discount Tire.

Rett (street72) was very understanding and offered to let me ride with him if i wanted to catch a plane out to the tour but at this point i will watch it on Bangshift.com

Everybody, have fun and be safe, cant wait to hear all about it! There is always next year!

doug
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!
Working...
X