who broke down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who broke down?

i had nothing but bad luck.broke the crank in my 57 chevy on monday.i worked on it until 2 oclock and finally got the crank in it.when i went to start the car on wednsday bags packed ready to leave and the started the car pulled it out of the garage loaded my bags when i went to start it to leave the starter bolts broke of in the block.I ended up taking my 94 ford conversion van.That was nothing but bad luck to.so far on my trip had to replace the thermostat,water pump,clutch fan,and all 4 tires but im here in newton at a best western 40 miles from the venue.ITS GOTTA GET BETTER!!!!!!

Re: who broke down?

your winning with bad luck i think so far...im just down a shock. well sorta, its in the trunk

Comment

My Richmond 6 speed gave out on me after 3 1/2 hours of driving. However, I am in Newton and going to complete the tour. See story here: http://jerryforthofer.wordpress.com/...re-and-issues/

Comment

I didn't break down, but locked my keys in the car 2.5 hours in the drive to Newton which required AAA to come out and open the door. Super easy. Then as I was driving the in the pouring rain when my passenger side wiper arm flew off the car! Use the internet on my phone and found a junk yard just past Davenport,IA that had one, I couldn't believe it and the best part, $5! Gotta' love how easy it is to find parts for Fox body Mustangs (79-93) One day down, eight more days and about 2700 miles to go.

Comment

The Pumpkin is hurt, needs a new clutch, one is on order from Honest Charley's in Chattanooga and will be installed at Rudy's Rod Shop Wed; if I can make it there. To the BS forum member who wishes to remain anonymous, thank you!!!
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Tour has been "fun" so far in the inconvenience category are:
            1- June 3 Broke a rib changing the dead starter on the GrandVille (long story...no hugs please
            2 - Spotty Carb and poor idle on T/A.. adjust as best we could.. we are here and loving it.
            3 - Notced a new noise in Newton in the T/A... Noise was considered suspension with the wonderful roads in IA we were on... Well in Springfield noticed noise had grown and new noises started...
            4 - Bulb exploded in G-Ville taking out the Tail light/dash light fuses _ Thanks To NAPA we were fine before we left Newton NAPA even gave us the fuses Great guys!
            5- Noise on T/A turns out we are driving with a completely cracked Rotor on the front right.... Hope to fix tonight... Oldest Son will have to do most of the work due to the previously mentioned rib...
            More later...
            Been nice to actually start meeting meet you guys!
            -Mick
            HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
            "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

Waiting for Chuck at Hotel...He's at a Transmission Shop in Du Quion. Blew a front Trans seal in Belevedere. On the way to Madison, the fuel pump went out...Been an Adventure!!!! Hope to leave today by 10:30!!!
              http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

broke down wed nite 300 miles from home and around 1200 miles from newton. blew the rear bearing got that fixed . then the tranny let go . so it's home in sanford getting rebuilt while we are driving a rental dodge charger. not as much fun but wouldn't miss it for the world. made for a really long drive friday to get here for saturday . Newton was priceless 7 yr old daughter in the backseat screaming go faster daddy ,while the wife was layed out in the passenger seat screaming to slow down or were gonna roll over. the little one has been bugging her since then. ha ha

Comment

Working...
                X