Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More of YOUR stories from the 2010 Power Tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of YOUR stories from the 2010 Power Tour!

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: More of YOUR stories from the 2010 Power Tour!

let's see left south Florida in the 59 Chev wagon and things were going well. after all just did 2 trips up to gainesville and ocala in march for billetproof and don garlits show around 700 miles each trip with no problems. about 3 hrs into the trip got flagged down by a guy says oil is pouring out of the back of the car luckily we were right next to the rest area so we pulled over. smoke began to pour out of the driver's rear wheel. seemed like the brakes were locking up . it was making some horrible noises as i pulled into the rest area . grease was dripping out of the drum. rear fluid seemed OK. called AAA had it towed to cobra's(Bruce) friends shop around 9.pm . i can't thank Bruce and his Friend Doug enough for all their help. Doug opened his shop and helped me to pull the axle at which point we discovered the bearing had disintegrated with a few of the balls missing and the outer bearing shell cracked in half and stuck in the rear. luckily we were able to get the bearing out. while we were doing this Bruce was nice enough to take my wife and daughter to a holiday inn for the night. got up in the morning and Doug took me around to find the bearing and then took me to another buddy to get the bearing pressed on. we then choose to remove the other axle and the pumpkin to check for the rest of the bearing , everything seemed OK. got it all back together and (did i forget to mention that when we pulled over at the rest area the car wouldn't back up, thought it might have to do with the rear as everything was working fine ) well now the rear is fixed and reverse is gone . driving the car a few blocks to a tranny shop and now it's slipping in forward. so they drain the fluid and it's not looking good. drop the pan and teeth from the planetary set are laying in the pan. no one locally has a 700r4 in stock so it was gonna take at least till 10 am Thursday. meanwhile my wife and daughter are still at the hotel ,checked out sitting in the lobby waiting for me. finally we decided to leave the wagon with the tranny shop ,rent a car and do the tour. well a Hyundai elantra was not my idea of a power tour vehicle and a mustang from AAA and Hertz was almost $1200 including a free day so it was looking to good. finally found a dodge charger so here we are . springfield ill with a silver dodge charger enjoying the tour. it was def a long day on Friday as we drove around 8-900 miles and managed to stop at the bell witch cave in Kentucky so at least my daughter had somefun on the trip up but it was definitely a long haul !!!

Comment

Working...
    X