Big shout out and thank you's !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big shout out and thank you's !!!!!

ok so Friday on my way in to the tour i make it almost all the way to the hotel and the Vette just dies in an intersection in Grinnell Iowa.Kid name Justin comes out of his house and asks if we needed a hand pushing the car and proceeds to help us. Car turns over just won't start and battery dies .He calls Andy from Andys auto and he comes over with a jumper ,finds out the coil is bad replaced that and the battery all for 85 bucks.Can't say enough about the town folk who stopped and asked if we needed help.Thank you !

Now the big thanks. Day 1 ,i'm traveling with Pumkin (matt) ,Fine 59 (Fred and Vickie) and 68 impdroptop (dave and penny). We stop for coffee 100 miles into the drive .We all start to get back on the highway when KaBoom ! Pull over and the fan assy cracked in half and blew apart taking out the upper hose and water pump,fan belt. Holy i can't effin believe it ! We assessed the damages and start takin inventory of what we need at the parts store and Dave and my copilot Scott take off to the parts store. Meanwhile 173herd (Mike and Suzy) oletrux4evr (ed and mary) and 65 marlin ( Jill and Chuck ) all stop by to help out . I cannot begin to tell everyone how much i appreciate the help even for the moral support . Matt,Fred Ed were all elbows deep in antifreeze dave running to get the parts and all the girls there telling me not to worry about the time, we will get there when we get there.

This is what being on this Forum and making friends,long time friends for years to come, is all about .I have met the coolest,nicest help you out at the drop of a hat people on this planet as Forum Freaks.All walks of life ,doesn't matter what you do ,the Freak community has got your back.

Matt thanks for calling me at 11;30 to make sure i made it home safe last night .Made it,very very tired.Roughly 16 hrs in the Vette yesterday,kicked my arse but you know what , i have a lifetime of memories and friends to go along with it

SO THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP !!!! DRIVE SAFE !!
    Has anyone seen my fan?

Re: Big shout out and thank you's !!!!!

your car knows its not a Ford and craps out on you ;) It looks nice buts just another old Chevy with age. I'm missing the tour this year :'( and will probably back on next year - have fun and dont eat to many Brats 8) have a safe run buddy!
    Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Freaking awesome story.

That's what it's all about kids!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Gary it's just how we roll..glad ya got home safe..may come out and see ya sometime...Fred Vickie

Hi.....dave. (he's here having a beer)
        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

talked to Matt last night glad to hear that Matt and Dave got their problems sorted out and are on the road .No rocker "arm" issues with you Fred ? LOL Sorry ,had to go there. Tell miss Vickie i said "HI" !Penny also!
          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Gary, the Forum Freaks are an awesome bunch. Somebody is always willing to take the time to help. Even you. In 2007, you were there to support me when I was needlessly concerned with my brakes. :-*
            2006 HRPT LH
            2007 HRPT LH
            2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT
              Gary, the Forum Freaks are an awesome bunch. Somebody is always willing to take the time to help. Even you. In 2007, you were there to support me when I was needlessly concerned with my brakes. :-*
              brakes

you were concerened about all kinds of things
              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
              2012 Northeast Rod Run
              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

brakes and a noisey fuel pump if i remember correctly ! Cool people hang with cool people ,thats why we are the FREAKS !!!
                Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Well, what do you expect from a woman who knows nothing about repairing cars? Thank God for cell phones and tow trucks. lol.
                  2006 HRPT LH
                  2007 HRPT LH
                  2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT
                    Well, what do you expect from a woman who knows nothing about repairing cars? Thank God for cell phones and tow trucks. lol.
                    No if we could just get her to drink martinis. :o :o ;D ;D
                    OH YEAH
                    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Make it blended Marguarita's and I'm a happy camper. ;D
                      2006 HRPT LH
                      2007 HRPT LH
                      2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Working...
                      X