Made It Home Safe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made It Home Safe Thread

Post up when you make it home safe and sound.

I made it home wed. about 3:30 pm and I am back to work today. I had a great trip with no car problems. Looking forward to next year. Good times seeing past friends and making new friends.

Re: Made It Home Safe Thread

we to made it home okay. no major problem on the way home. had to have new wipers, didn't notice a tear in one. developed a slight miss, put in new plugs no big deal. broke the two bolts on my left rear shock on the way home, found the nearest autozone, new shock and new bolts and about 45 min later fixed. did take a little longer time than i wanted to get home, but all in all no big problems. had a blast, already trying to figure out next year.

Comment

Went to Newton, Springfield, Du Quoin, and Bowling Green, then had to head toward home. Did have a rear tire come apart but a semi driver noticed it before we did and motioned to me. We did get it changed, and ended up pulled in to the homefront about 3:30 Thursday. We made it safe.

Comment

We also did the Newton-to-Bowling Green tour. Hit the Corvette museum Wed. morning and skipped the plant tour for an earlier departure for home. Drove through some hardcore rain on the way and my newly installed trans. is not playing nice with the rearend. Some serious clunking when up and down shifting. The tour must have a thing for GN rears...

Babied it home and we made it in at 5:30pm Wednesday. Back to work tomorrow, my boss even called me tonight to be sure I AM coming to work in the morning.
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

made it home about 6:30 p.m. central. avg. speed thru chicago 68 mph. those people are nuts!

Comment

Good to see you again MIKEE - glad to hear you got home safely
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

saw this thread & thought Power Tour ended early
              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
              2012 Northeast Rod Run
              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

It did if you didnt long haul - right Rex?
                Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

We actually got home to Winston-Salem between 5:30 and 6 PM Monday evening. I had to be at work Tuesday @ 9AM. I had no car problems with my Roush. The patched-together Honda was started Tuesday evening having the hood, doors, front fenders, rocker panels and some interior parts swapped from the wrecked Honda. Wed. night it was driven to W-S from Raleigh and worked on until 4 or 5 AM. Then they slept less than two hours and drove to my house so we could meet up with Jerry, the really nice guy from Salsbury who lost the Richmond six-speed transmission in his '77 Camaro about 3 hours into the trip. The Honda actually ran pretty well the whole trip to Indiana and then to Illinois, though Friday night the plug in the number four cyclinder was pulled out to reveal that there was NO electrode left on it. A new set of plugs were put in and Saturday night they were pulled again(after dusting off a 2001 Bullitt Mustang) to find the number four cylinder plug had it's electrode burned off again(they were replaced free-of-charge by the way, a big THANKS to AUTO ZONE!!!). The injectors were pulled and swapped around and the car got home okay, though the rims/wheels on the left side were dented severely by a huge pothole on I-74 in Illinois.
                  Here is a link to Jerry's story about his '77 Camaro. My Roush Mustang is in a couple of the pictures. http://jerryforthofer.wordpress.com/...re-and-issues/
                  I think it's time to start planning next year's 'Tour......

Bob Weichbrodt
                  2002 Roush 360R
                  Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

You long haulers drive safe...want to see all of you next year! :-*

Linda 8)

Comment

Am I the first Long Hauler home? Powertour is officially over for me. It was great meeting all the awesome people. Really, meeting the people was the best part.
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

Home safe and sound. Long Hauled. 2886 miles and onl drank 1 beer. ( At Dinner last night. ) Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Mobile was HOT and had to walk about 1 mile to get to the venue. Dad got wore out with the heat so he sat in a bar while we went and stamped our stuff. He has diabetes and the heat gets to him. He was still hurting this morning. But we made it home. It was fun to see all the freaks. ;D ;D
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Home, cold beer being consumed! Mobile and Birmingham were "slave ship hot" as Fred said. Going to sit in something that doesn't have a steering wheel, clutch, brake or gas pedals, and vibrates all day tomorrow.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

We just got home, our trip went great! Nice meeting you guys and gals, we meet many Long Haulers as we hit Bowling Green to Mobile! The car performed great, even in the Heat with the A/C for the last leg. Hope to start planing next years PT.
                            Dave

Comment

Danny and Zachary made it home safe and sound Today at 4.30. Total miles. 3220 Grandson hung in like a trooper.Cant wait to se the long haul photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????.Had a great time, Hope to here from you all. ;D
                              Danny/Zachary
                              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X