Death on this years PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death on this years PT

A 10-12 year boy lost his Dad today on the tour in a head on collision. For those of you that pray I'm sure the Mom/Wife could use all you've got right now!
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Re: Death on this years PT

was it a freak?...was the kid in the car as well?..any idea what happend?

I will pray my heart out!!!.... wow...!!!
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Not a Freak, and in the car. Presently in the hospital with non life threatning conditions I've heard.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

sad to hear. you guys take a little extra time tomorrow. drive the other guys car too. have a safe trip.

Comment

Very Tragic, The family will be in our prayers
          It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

My goodness, prayers will be lifted continually for this family. :'(

Linda 8)

Comment

We are Praying... we are also praying for all the Freaks and HRPT Haulers to make it back home safe and sound...
              -Mick
              HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
              "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

Where did it happen?

Comment

Originally posted by PassmoreRacing
                  Where did it happen?
                  Just south of Moundville, AL. Happened Fri morning about 9:30 AM on Hwy 69.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...d-on-collision

Florida man killed in head-on collision
                  Jessica Sutton / Tuscaloosa News
                  An accident south of Moundville sent several people to the hospital on Friday morning when a car and a mini van collided on Highway 69.
                  By Adam Jones Staff Writer
                  Published: Friday, June 11, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.
                  Last Modified: Friday, June 11, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.

HARPER HILL | A Florida man died after a head-on collision on Alabama Highway 69 Friday morning, according to state troopers.
                  An accident south of Moundville sent several people to the hospital on Friday morning when a car and a mini van collided on Highway 69.
                  Jessica Sutton / Tuscaloosa News

The man, whose name was not released, died on impact after a Ford Escape traveling north hit his vintage Chevrolet Camaro SS, traveling south, about 9:30 a.m. Friday about 11 miles south of Moundville, said Trooper Dennis Ryans, who is investigating the accident.

The driver of the SUV, a female, was seriously injured, Ryans said. She, another adult passenger and two minor passengers were transported to DCH Regional Medical Center, he said.

The Escape attempted to pass a Ford Taurus after cresting a hill at mile marker 118, called Harper Hill. After coming into the southbound lane, the SUV swerved back into the northbound lane, clipping the Taurus, Ryans said. The driver probably saw the oncoming Camaro and attempted to get back into the northbound lane, he said.

After clipping the Taurus, the Escape slammed into the Camaro head-on, Ryans said. The cars crunched like accordions, both drivers and passengers were trapped inside the vehicles and had to be cut out.

After being clipped, the Taurus lost control and side-swiped a Honda Accord driving behind the Camaro, but those inside both cars received minor injuries and were able to drive away, Ryans said.

It wasn't until about 12:30 p.m. that both cars were towed away, and northbound and southbound traffic were rerouted to Hale County Road 31 while the accident was investigated and cleared.
                  R.I.P.

A moment of silence........................................... .................................................. .....

Mike

Comment

wow, just wow. prayers sent. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                      A 10-12 year boy lost his Dad today on the tour in a head on collision. For those of you that pray I'm sure the Mom/Wife could use all you've got right now!
                      Prayers will be sent continuously for the Son and his Family

Bluez

Comment

Terrible news! Thoughts and prayers for the family....

Everyone please take your time getting home .... Thoughts and prayer also being sent for you guys to have a safe journey home.
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Our prayers are with his family, sorry to hear this and I know over the years I have seen some bad wrecks that tourers were involved in and its usually not been the hotrodders fault. We gotta be careful every leg of the drive.
                          Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

That is horrible. Gave me chills reading it. God bless them all.

Comment

I was hoping they'd take a collection today for the family. If everyone gave 10 bucks thats an easy 20g. Sadly the family is going to need more than that for the funeral and medical expenses. If anyone starts a donation post it.
                              Powertour off/on since 2002
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X